Can not find "javah_g.exe" in my "jdk1.5.0_05" Windows install ...

for.fun

Hi everybody,

I just installed the "jdk1.5.0_05" and I want to compile using the
"javah_g.exe" JNI compiler.

This method is documented in my local JDK 1.5 install (do not be
confused with "javah.exe" which is the optimized JNI compiler)

The problem is I do not have any "javah_g.exe" installed on my
harddisk.

Was it removed from the last JDK 1.5 ?
If no, please tell me where I can find it ?

Thanks in advance.

Roedy Green

The problem is I do not have any "javah_g.exe" installed on my
harddisk.

where did you read about this? I have never heard of it.
I have always just used javah.exe.

for.fun

I got the JDK 1.5 package (I am not talking about the JRE which has no
"javah" command included) from "java.sun.com".

Here is what my Java binaries dir looks like :

:cd C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05>
:cd bin

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05\bin>
:dir
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is D87E-20D5

Directory of C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05\bin

09/11/2005 08:51 <DIR> .
09/11/2005 08:51 <DIR> ..
26/08/2005 17:39 49 274 appletviewer.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 263 apt.exe
26/08/2005 18:33 36 975 beanreg.dll
26/08/2005 17:39 49 272 extcheck.exe
26/08/2005 18:14 24 576 HtmlConverter.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 274 idlj.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 255 jar.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 276 jarsigner.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 248 java.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 269 javac.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 275 javadoc.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 269 javah.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 265 javap.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 250 javaw.exe
26/08/2005 18:14 127 078 javaws.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 274 jconsole.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 278 jdb.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 259 jps.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 265 jstat.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 268 jstatd.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 272 keytool.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 268 kinit.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 268 klist.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 266 ktab.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 286 native2ascii.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 53 383 orbd.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 280 pack200.exe
26/08/2005 18:14 69 745 packager.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 278 policytool.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 260 rmic.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 266 rmid.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 278 rmiregistry.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 277 serialver.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 49 299 servertool.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 53 392 tnameserv.exe
26/08/2005 17:39 127 101 unpack200.exe
36 File(s) 1 921 082 bytes
2 Dir(s) 9 433 583 616 bytes free

I can not find any "javah_g.exe" anywhere.
Moreover, I also installed JDK 1.5 on a Solaris 2.8 system and there is
no "javah_g".
My older JDK (1.3, 1.3.1, 1.4.2) does not contain any "javah_g".

I suppose that this file can be downloaded from an independent package.

If anybody has the file, I would like to know which JDK version is he
running.

Thanks in advance.

Gordon Beaton

hmm. It does not appear to be part of jdk 1.5.0_06 on Windows.

I chose the Solaris document out of habit; the same text appears in
the Windows document describing javah. You'll have to ask sun why they
document a non-existent tool.

/gordon