Can not surf the Internet. HELP !!!

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by sharon, Dec 2, 2009.

  1. sharon

    sharon Guest

    I have a very disturbing Internet problem; I can not surf to any web site
    on the web.

    I have a 1.5 GB ADSL that works fine. The MSN Messenger is working OK, my
    Emule is working fine, ping to the web site returns ok.
    But when I try to connect to a web site (like www.msn.com etc.), the
    Internet browser page hung for ever trying to open the page.

    I tried to fix it using my service provider support, and we did the
    following:
    (1) Tried to connect directly the ADSL provider web site using my service
    provider user name - Still can't surf !
    (2) The support engineer used my user name and password to access the web
    sites from his computer - succeed !
    (3) Disabled my Norton Antivirus and Sygate firewall - Still can't surf !
    (4) Set the msconfig general tab to selective startup without loading
    startup items and rebooting the PC - Still can't surf !
    (5) Did a Winsock restore - Still can't surf !

    Can anybody tell what can I do to resolve this problem ?

    --------
    Thanks
    Sharon

    sharon, Dec 2, 2009

  2. On 2 Dec 2009 at 21:16, sharon wrote:
    > I have a 1.5 GB ADSL that works fine. The MSN Messenger is working OK,
    > my Emule is working fine, ping to the web site returns ok. But when I
    > try to connect to a web site (like www.msn.com etc.), the Internet
    > browser page hung for ever trying to open the page.

    Well, obviously the problem is with your browser, not your internet
    connection!

    What browser are you using? Have you checked that the proxy settings are
    correct (probably in a "network options" or "connection options" tab in
    the preferences)? Have you tried using a different browser?

    Antoninus Twink, Dec 2, 2009

  3. sharon

    jason.sun0 Guest

    On Dec 2, 3:16 pm, sharon <> wrote:
    > I have a very disturbing Internet problem; I can not surf to any web site
    > on the web.
    >
    > I have a 1.5 GB ADSL that works fine. The MSN Messenger is working OK, my
    > Emule is working fine, ping to the web site returns ok.
    > But when I try to connect to a web site (likewww.msn.cometc.), the
    > Internet browser page hung for ever trying to open the page.
    >
    > I tried to fix it using my service provider support, and we did the
    > following:
    > (1) Tried to connect directly the ADSL provider web site using my service
    > provider user name - Still can't surf !
    > (2) The support engineer used my user name and password to access the web
    > sites from his computer - succeed !
    > (3) Disabled my Norton Antivirus and Sygate firewall - Still can't surf !
    > (4) Set the msconfig general tab to selective startup without loading
    > startup items and rebooting the PC - Still can't surf !
    > (5) Did a Winsock restore - Still can't surf !
    >
    > Can anybody tell what can I do to resolve this problem ?
    >
    > --------
    > Thanks
    > Sharon

    Can I ask how much do you pay for you internet? thanks

    jason.sun0, Dec 3, 2009
  4. On 2 Dec 2009, 21:16, sharon <> wrote:

    > I have a very disturbing Internet problem; I can not surf to any web site
    > on the web.

    this is off-topic to comp.lang.c
    can your service provider give any help?

    Nick Keighley, Jan 19, 2010
  5. On Jan 19, 7:52 am, Nick Keighley <>
    wrote:
    > On 2 Dec 2009, 21:16, sharon <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have a very disturbing Internet problem; I can not surf to any web site
    > > on the web.

    > this is off-topic to comp.lang.c
    > can your service provider give any help?

    Dude... are you for realz?

    Oliver Jackson, Jan 20, 2010