Can not use British date format with GB

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tan, Aug 3, 2005.

  1. Tan

    Tan Guest

    Could anyone tell me how I can not use british date format using

    <globalization culture="en-GB" uiCulture="en-GB"/> in the webconfig

    with the line of code above i can not get the format is dd-MM-yyyy

    I have to use

    <globalization culture="en-IE" uiCulture="en-IE"/>

    Can anyone please tell me why?

    thank you

    Tan

    Tan, Aug 3, 2005

  2. Tan

    Guest

    That's strange this piece of code :

    <%@ Page Language="C#" Culture="en-GB" %>

    <%
    DateTime r = new DateTime();
    r = DateTime.Parse("15/1/2001");
    Response.Write(r);

    %>

    gives me

    15/01/2001 00:00:00

    Thats the same result I get when I set Culture to en-IE.
    I also tested it in the web.config.

    Let me know if you have any more questions..

    Cheers,
    Tom Pester

    > Could anyone tell me how I can not use british date format using
    >
    > <globalization culture="en-GB" uiCulture="en-GB"/> in the webconfig
    >
    > with the line of code above i can not get the format is dd-MM-yyyy
    >
    > I have to use
    >
    > <globalization culture="en-IE" uiCulture="en-IE"/>
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me why?
    >
    > thank you
    >
    > Tan

    , Aug 3, 2005