Can not use 'CDO' any long?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jeff, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. jeff

    jeff Guest

    Hi,

    I don't know why, when I use MailMessage to send email I get a error "Could
    not create 'CDO.Message' object". But it used to work. What I can recall is
    I installed Win2K Sp4 and terminal server. The code I used to send the email
    follows:

    MailMessage Message = new MailMessage();
    Message.BodyEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8;
    Message.To = tbEmail.Text;
    Message.From = "";
    Message.Subject = "Thanks";
    Message.Body = "test";
    SmtpMail.Send(Message);

    And I tried to register the cdosys.dll again but get the error
    "DllRegisterServer in cdosys.dll failed. Return code was: 0x800704da".

    I also tried to set the mailroot folder's security to allow ASPNET user
    read/write, still no luck.

    Anyone can help ?

    Thanks in advance

    Jeff
    jeff, Jul 29, 2003

  2. jeff

    Showjumper Guest

    you are missing the
    smtpmail.SmtpServer = "" or whatever you mail server is

    Showjumper, Jul 29, 2003

  3. jeff

    jeff Guest

    Re: Can not use 'CDO' any longer?

    Thanks. But set smtpmail.SmtpServer = "" or "localhost" does not help.
    And the code works somedays before.

    jeff, Jul 29, 2003
  4. jeff

    Showjumper Guest

    Re: Can not use 'CDO' any longer?

    Can you test it on another server to see if it works there? Maybe something
    to do w/ SP4...

    Showjumper, Jul 29, 2003