Can not use 'CDO' any long?

jeff

Hi,

I don't know why, when I use MailMessage to send email I get a error "Could
not create 'CDO.Message' object". But it used to work. What I can recall is
I installed Win2K Sp4 and terminal server. The code I used to send the email
follows:

MailMessage Message = new MailMessage();
Message.BodyEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8;
Message.To = tbEmail.Text;
Message.From = "(e-mail address removed)";
Message.Subject = "Thanks";
Message.Body = "test";
SmtpMail.Send(Message);

And I tried to register the cdosys.dll again but get the error
"DllRegisterServer in cdosys.dll failed. Return code was: 0x800704da".

I also tried to set the mailroot folder's security to allow ASPNET user
read/write, still no luck.

Anyone can help ?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

jeff

Thanks. But set smtpmail.SmtpServer = "" or "localhost" does not help.
And the code works somedays before.

Showjumper

Can you test it on another server to see if it works there? Maybe something
to do w/ SP4...