Can one web application use different .NET Framework version?

Janardan

Can I create the user interface (web forms) using ASP.NET 2.0 and still
my Business Logic Layer use 1.1? The reason I am asking this is because
I have an existing site which uses commerce server 2002, and now I want
to move to .NET 2.0. But I have heard that CS2002 does not support .NET
2.0.

Thanks,
Janardan

John Timney \(MVP\)

You can't mix framework versions in a single application. You could however
have your business logic in 2.0 and access it via webservices from your 1.1
CS2002 deployed app, if that logical split os possible in your application.

Perhaps you should wait for commerce server 2007 as it will support 2.0 and
implement a correctly planned migration. It will give you something to work
towards which is cleaner than a mixed framework application.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)