Can precompiled app be moved over to another web server?

pedestrian

I was developing a simple ASP.NET 2.0 web site. I precompiled the app using
aspnet_compiler as below:

aspnet_compiler -v /crosspagepost c:\asp

then I uploaded *all* the (compiled) files in the c:\asp and c:\asp\bin
folders to the another hosting web server (brinkster). When I browsed the
page, it showed me:
"This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not
be deleted!"
(refer : http://pedestrianooi.brinkster.net/crosspagepost/page1.aspx)

What could have been the causes? Thanks.

Guest

The server doesnt appear to support .NET 2.0 as this is the contents of a
precompiled page. The .nET 2 runtime doesnt show this however, it runs the
page in the precompiled dll to generate the output.
Check .net 2 is turned on

pedestrian via DotNetMonster.com

Hi Ciaran, thanks a lot for replying...
When I upload the app's source code (page1.aspx, page1.aspx.cs, page2.aspx,
page2.aspx.cs) to the server, it works as normal, refer:
http://pedestrianooi.brinkster.net/crosspage2/page1.aspx

Does that mean the server don't support precompilation for deployment?
I appreciate your assistance.
The server doesnt appear to support .NET 2.0 as this is the contents of a
precompiled page. The .nET 2 runtime doesnt show this however, it runs the
page in the precompiled dll to generate the output.
Check .net 2 is turned on
I was developing a simple ASP.NET 2.0 web site. I precompiled the app using
aspnet_compiler as below:
[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
What could have been the causes? Thanks.

--
Regards,
Pedestrian, Penang.