can pydoc display doc for local funcs? or other doc tools for owncode

Discussion in 'Python' started by News123, Feb 6, 2010.

  1. News123

    News123 Guest

    Hi,

    often I start "pydoc -g" in a projects working directory in order to
    view the docstrings of my own project and in order to get a quick
    overview of the code structure

    In some cases I would like to see also to see private methods
    (especially when trying to understand the internals of a collegues code
    or even to browse throught the internals of my own code)

    Therefore I wonder whether pydoc could be configured such, that it would
    also display private methods (the ones with leading underscores)

    If not:

    What tools / methodologies would you recommend to quickly browse own /
    collegues source code.

    In many cases the function prototypes and the doc strings of public and
    private methods would be sufficient for me.

    thanks for any ideas

    News123, Feb 6, 2010