Can Python do shopping cart?

Muddy Coder

Hi Folks,

I know PHP can do shopping cart, such as Zen Cart. I wonder can Python
do such a thing? Thanks!

Muddy Coder

Lie Ryan

Muddy said:
Hi Folks,

I know PHP can do shopping cart, such as Zen Cart. I wonder can Python
do such a thing? Thanks!

Muddy Coder

Python is Turing Complete

Paul Rubin

Muddy Coder said:
I know PHP can do shopping cart, such as Zen Cart. I wonder can Python
do such a thing? Thanks!

As they say in a certain other place--the answer is: yes! Python can
do that.

Bruno Desthuilliers

Dennis Lee Bieber a écrit :
Python is a general purpose, byte-code-compiled/interpreted,
language. About the only thing I would not consider it suited for is
hard real-time applications requiring sub-second response times.

Does it COME WITH a one-call Web shopping cart application? No.

Not more (nor less) than PHP - ZenCart is not a builtin PHP module !-)

Marco Mariani

Lie said:
Python is Turing Complete

Well, actually no, because it doesn't support an infinite amount of memory.

Add this to "things to check before wasting a lot of money in hardware".

Tim Wintle

Well, actually no, because it doesn't support an infinite amount of memory.

Surely you can address an infinite amount of storage using infinite
length integers and a wrapper to files on disk - then it's just your
OS's limits that hold it back - so python is turing/register complete.

Tim Wintle

Marco Mariani

Tim said:
Surely you can address an infinite amount of storage using infinite
length integers and a wrapper to files on disk - then it's just your
OS's limits that hold it back - so python is turing/register complete.

Oh, but you would eventually need to pass those integers around
somewhere in RAM. Even counting (referencing) an infinite amount of
items leads to infinitely long indexes. And counting the indexes as well.
But I propose to stop here, we're way off-topic and I have to write a
shopping cart application in Malbolge.

Paul Rubin

Tim Wintle said:
Surely you can address an infinite amount of storage using infinite
length integers and a wrapper to files on disk - then it's just your
OS's limits that hold it back - so python is turing/register complete.

Python doesn't have infinite length integers. It has long integers,
but their size is bounded by the size of the pointers inside Python,
normally 32 or 64 bits.

MRAB

Paul said:
Python doesn't have infinite length integers. It has long integers,
but their size is bounded by the size of the pointers inside Python,
normally 32 or 64 bits.
You could say that Python _theoretically_ has infinite length integers,
but all the current _implementations_ impose a limit.

Jason Scheirer

Python is Turing Complete

"Python is Turing complete" is c.l.p's equivalent to Godwin's law.
From here on in the thread every post is going to end with "I hate the
GIL why can't get just get rid of it" just for the sake of
completeness.