Can RDLC Reports be used with Oracle data sources?

Will Baldwin

I am trying to get the ReportViewer to work in VS2005 Professional.

1) Created a connection to the Oracle 10g Database in the Server Explorer.
2) Created an empty 'report.rdlc' file.
3) Created an report.aspx with a ReportViewer bound to the 'report.rdlc'
file.

The documentation states that I should add a Project Data Source by dragging
tables and fields from the server explorer. This does not seem to work.
Can RDLC Reports be used with an Oracle Data Source?

thanks,

- Will

Houston Lucifer

Hi, i have used rdlc with the informix database. What is did was add a empty
dataset to the rdlc and i have a business layer (a vb class) which has a
function which returns a dataset. When you add a report to the page add an
objectdatasource and specify the type as the vb class and the select method
as the funtion. This works for me.