Can some one help me understand the need of COM+?

Learner

Hi there,
The first asp.net project i worked on was using COM+. I was told to
register the business and datacomponents i created be registered under
COM+ by creating a COM+ aplication. I also would register the dlls in
GAC. I have a little understanding about GAC but need to know about
COM+. Is there blog or an article on this ?
thanks in advance
-L

Kevin Spencer

There is no need of COM+, unless you have a specific need for a COM+
component. COM is not .Net, and is difficult to use with .Net.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
but it takes a very long time,
and the bicycle has to *want* to change.