    eagerly waiting for your replay.

    thanks in adv,
    Suresh

    Suresh Macharla, Aug 14, 2013

  2. Suresh Macharla <> wrote:
    > Can some one please let me know can we test java applications using perl. If
    > yes, can you please help me with some links or tools that will help in this
    > case. eagerly waiting for your replay.

    What kind of tests are you talking about?

    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___

    Jens Thoms Toerring, Aug 14, 2013

  3. On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:02:19 PM UTC-7, Suresh Macharla wrote:
    > Can some one please let me know can we test java applications using perl. If yes, can you please help me with some links or tools that will help in this case.
    >
    > eagerly waiting for your replay.
    >

    > thanks in adv,
    >
    > Suresh

    no

    stop java

    oracle must die

    johannes falcone, Aug 16, 2013
  4. Dear Jens,

    I my company there are 2 divisions one is for .net and other one is for java.
    coming to java they will develop both client applications and server end services/ middle ware services.
    So in this case how can i use perl in testing both client as well as server side modules.

    thanks waiting for your replay.

    Suresh Macharla, Aug 16, 2013
  5. Suresh Macharla <> wrote:
    > I my company there are 2 divisions one is for .net and other one is for
    > java. coming to java they will develop both client applications and server
    > end services/ middle ware services. So in this case how can i use perl in
    > testing both client as well as server side modules.

    To be honest, I have no better idea of what kind of tests you
    want to do. I'm sure that Perl is quite well-suited for doing
    tests (whatever they are), but so are many other languages.

    I start to get a feeling that this question is one like "are
    japanese saws better for cutting wood than others"? Japanese
    saws cut the wood when you pull while saws in many other
    countries cut when you push. Which is better? The answer is "it
    depends". If the people that do the sawing are used to japanese
    saws they rather likely will be more efficient with a saw that
    cuts on the pull stroke. People used to other saws will probably
    be much happier with a "normal" (i.e. non-japanese) saw.

    So if in your company there's a lot of expertise in Java and
    ..net languages then I would expect that they'll be more effec-
    tive using those languages also for testing than with a lan-
    guage they may never have used.

    What I want to say is that there's nothing wrong about Perl, but
    claiming that Perl is the perfect tool for all tasks imaginable,
    just because it's Perl, would be preposterous. There are a lot
    of very useful modules for Perl that can help you with testing
    all kinds of things, but that doesn't mean other languages do
    not have their own merits and modules that are well-suited for
    the tasks at hand.

    As long as you don't explain what exactly you want to do it
    looks like you're asking for the perfect tool before you have
    figuring out what the problem are that you have to solve (and
    even then you still have to consider if there's anyone able to
    use that "perfect" tool).

    So, again: exactly what kind of tests are you talking about?
    What are those "client and server side modules" and what do
    you want to test?
    Regards, Jens
    --
    \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___

    Jens Thoms Toerring, Aug 18, 2013
  6. Suresh Macharla

    SSS Develop Guest

    It depends on the Application! For testing it does not matter what programming language it's developed.

    Let developers of application decided before you decides anything :)

    Enjoy

    ---SSS

    SSS Develop, Aug 24, 2013