can some please help me , can we use perl for testing java applications.

Suresh Macharla

Can some one please let me know can we test java applications using perl. If yes, can you please help me with some links or tools that will help in this case.
eagerly waiting for your replay.

thanks in adv,
Suresh

Jens Thoms Toerring

Suresh Macharla said:
Can some one please let me know can we test java applications using perl. If
yes, can you please help me with some links or tools that will help in this
case. eagerly waiting for your replay.

What kind of tests are you talking about?

Regards, Jens

johannes falcone

Can some one please let me know can we test java applications using perl. If yes, can you please help me with some links or tools that will help in this case.

eagerly waiting for your replay.

thanks in adv,

Suresh

no

stop java

oracle must die

Suresh Macharla

Dear Jens,

I my company there are 2 divisions one is for .net and other one is for java.
coming to java they will develop both client applications and server end services/ middle ware services.
So in this case how can i use perl in testing both client as well as server side modules.

thanks waiting for your replay.

Jens Thoms Toerring

Suresh Macharla said:
I my company there are 2 divisions one is for .net and other one is for
java. coming to java they will develop both client applications and server
end services/ middle ware services. So in this case how can i use perl in
testing both client as well as server side modules.

To be honest, I have no better idea of what kind of tests you
want to do. I'm sure that Perl is quite well-suited for doing
tests (whatever they are), but so are many other languages.

I start to get a feeling that this question is one like "are
japanese saws better for cutting wood than others"? Japanese
saws cut the wood when you pull while saws in many other
countries cut when you push. Which is better? The answer is "it
depends". If the people that do the sawing are used to japanese
saws they rather likely will be more efficient with a saw that
cuts on the pull stroke. People used to other saws will probably
be much happier with a "normal" (i.e. non-japanese) saw.

So if in your company there's a lot of expertise in Java and
..net languages then I would expect that they'll be more effec-
tive using those languages also for testing than with a lan-
guage they may never have used.

What I want to say is that there's nothing wrong about Perl, but
claiming that Perl is the perfect tool for all tasks imaginable,
just because it's Perl, would be preposterous. There are a lot
of very useful modules for Perl that can help you with testing
all kinds of things, but that doesn't mean other languages do
not have their own merits and modules that are well-suited for
the tasks at hand.

As long as you don't explain what exactly you want to do it
looks like you're asking for the perfect tool before you have
figuring out what the problem are that you have to solve (and
even then you still have to consider if there's anyone able to
use that "perfect" tool).

So, again: exactly what kind of tests are you talking about?
What are those "client and server side modules" and what do
you want to test?
Regards, Jens

SSS Develop

It depends on the Application! For testing it does not matter what programming language it's developed.

Let developers of application decided before you decides anything :)

Enjoy

---SSS