Can someone explain me parts of this function ?

Rivka Miller

Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
specifically, with some examples of SNAME ? How should the SNAME look
like ?

DEFUN ("or", For, Sor, 0, UNEVALLED, 0,
doc: /* Eval args until one of them yields non-nil, then return
that
value. The remaining args are not evalled at all.
If all args return nil, return nil.
usage: (or CONDITIONS ...) */)
(args)
Lisp_Object args;
{
register Lisp_Object val = Qnil;
struct gcpro gcpro1;

GCPRO1 (args);

while (CONSP (args))
{
val = Feval (XCAR (args));
if (!NILP (val))
break;
args = XCDR (args);
}

UNGCPRO;
return val;
}

More info here
http://xahlee.org/elisp/Writing-Emacs-Primitives.html#Writing-Emacs-Primitives

Thanks
Rivka

Francesco S. Carta

[...]

Try with comp.emacs and gnu.emacs.help, maybe the best places
(currently) to get help for this issue.

Please avoid crossposting to groups which are not topical to your
question, good luck :)

Rivka Miller

[...]

Ian Collins

Can someone explain me the essential parts of this function,
specifically, with some examples of SNAME ? How should the SNAME look
like ?

Please stop cross-posting the same off topic question!