Can someone explain MergableProperty to me?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ian, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Ian

    Ian Guest

    I've been doing some component development recently, and I'm confused
    as to exactly what MergablePropertyAttribute does. The .NET docs say:

    Properties that are marked with MergableProperty(true) can be combined
    with properties belonging to other objects in a Properties window.
    Properties that are marked with MergableProperty(false) must be
    displayed separately. The default is true.

    Does this mean that if you're working in a designer (say with ASP.NET
    pages) and you select multiple controls on the designer and set the
    property that the value will be assigned to that property on all the
    selected controls if that property is not marked
    MergableProperty(false)?

    If this is not what this attribute does, can someone please tell me
    what on God's green earth it does?

    Thanks
    Ian

    Ian, Jun 24, 2003