    as possible.

    Thanks...

    , Oct 12, 2006

  2. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > http://www.ensitconsultancy.co.uk/problem/
    >
    > Works ok in Internet Explorer, doesn't work ok in Firefox or Opera.
    > It's a very simple HTML I've made as an example. I don't want to use
    > tables or anything, I would like it to work with as little modification
    > as possible.
    >

    > Thanks...

    Nice puzzle... how about helping out and having a white
    background and two _different_ coloured gifs for a start... and a
    few words about your idea of "working"

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 12, 2006

    I don't get what you mean. There are three different gifs that should
    be stacked one on top of the other without any space inbetween. There
    is no vertical spacing between the gifs in IE but there is in other
    browsers. I don't understand what's the problem with the black
    background and white gifs.

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.ensitconsultancy.co.uk/problem/
    > >
    > > Works ok in Internet Explorer, doesn't work ok in Firefox or Opera.
    > > It's a very simple HTML I've made as an example. I don't want to use
    > > tables or anything, I would like it to work with as little modification
    > > as possible.
    > >

    > > Thanks...

    > Nice puzzle... how about helping out and having a white
    > background and two _different_ coloured gifs for a start... and a
    > few words about your idea of "working"
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    , Oct 12, 2006

    Never mind, got help and fixed the problem thanks to the guys at
    SitePoint Forums. I should've specified font-size: 0; in the style for
    the top & bottom elements.

    wrote:
    > http://www.ensitconsultancy.co.uk/problem/
    >
    > Works ok in Internet Explorer, doesn't work ok in Firefox or Opera.
    > It's a very simple HTML I've made as an example. I don't want to use
    > tables or anything, I would like it to work with as little modification
    > as possible.
    >

    > Thanks...

    , Oct 13, 2006
  5. rfr Guest

    I, also, wonder what the heck he is doing and how he expects to be able to
    sleuth out the error when everything is the same color.

    rfr, Oct 13, 2006
  6. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > Never mind, got help and fixed the problem thanks to the guys at
    > SitePoint Forums. I should've specified font-size: 0; in the style for
    > the top & bottom elements.
    >
    > wrote:
    > > http://www.ensitconsultancy.co.uk/problem/
    > >
    > > Works ok in Internet Explorer, doesn't work ok in Firefox or Opera.
    > > It's a very simple HTML I've made as an example. I don't want to use
    > > tables or anything, I would like it to work with as little modification
    > > as possible.

    OK. I was mildly interested in what you were doing, how you were
    using this in a real context... and found it harder with little
    white lines as pics (you see, sometimes to check things out one
    downloads the gifs to have a close look at what is what and thin
    white lines are mildly more annoying in the average image editor
    window than black ones (as default). I noticed you had two gifs
    the same exactly but separate files, you had a container div that
    was doing nothing I could fathom. And while I am raving here, I
    suspect from your satisfaction about font size idea, you are up
    to tricks that are better avoided.

    But I don't know this. Good luck to you anyway...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 13, 2006