Can someone please send me a copy of spread.pyd

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gary Herron, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Gary Herron

    Gary Herron Guest

    Hi list,

    Can someone who has built the SpreadModule on a windows machine please
    send me the results of the build (or just point me an a binary
    distribution).

    Here's why:

    I'm starting to use the spread library (www.spread.org) in Python via
    the SpreadModule (http://www.python.org/other/spread/). The
    SpreadModule builds fine on Linux, but on my windows box, distutils
    quits when it notices that Python is built with version 6 of Visual
    Studio whereas I've got version 7 installed on my machine.

    I've got two choices: (1) rebuild Python, win32all, the spread
    library, the whole GTK suite, and whole bunches of other extension
    modules with my copy of Visual Studio 7 (yuck, yuck, YUCK!) , or (2)
    hope someone can ship me a (version 6 compiled) binary.

    Clearly option (2) is preferable. If the Linux build is any
    indication, the windows build will result in a single file (probably)
    named "spread.pyd".

    Thanks ever so much if you can send me a copy,

    Gary Herron

    Gary Herron, Dec 17, 2003