    I have what is probably a silly - and perhaps even trivial - question
    about Schema desing for complex types. Can someone point me at the FAQ
    to see if its already covered in there, please?
    The Magpie, May 19, 2007

  2. I don't know of a good schema FAQ, so if someone does have a worthwhile
    citation I'd be interested in adding that to my arsenal.

    Of course there are lots of schema tutorials/articles on the web. I'm
    biased, but my favorite starting point remains XML DeveloperWorks, at
    http://www.ibm.com/xml

    Joe Kesselman, May 19, 2007

  3. The Magpie

    The Magpie Guest

    Joe Kesselman wrote:
    > I don't know of a good schema FAQ, so if someone does have a worthwhile
    > citation I'd be interested in adding that to my arsenal.
    >
    > Of course there are lots of schema tutorials/articles on the web. I'm
    > biased, but my favorite starting point remains XML DeveloperWorks, at
    > http://www.ibm.com/xml

    Thanks. I'll take a look and if I can't find an answer there, be back to
    ask here.
    The Magpie, May 19, 2007
  4. The Magpie

    Guest

    On 19 May, 00:35, The Magpie <> wrote:
    > I have what is probably a silly - and perhaps even trivial - question
    > about Schema desing for complex types. Can someone point me at the FAQ
    > to see if its already covered in there, please?

    I have a simple introduction to schema that covers some aspects of
    complex types. It can be found at:

    http://www.tech-know-ware.com/lmx/xsd-overview.html

    HTH,

    Pete.
    Pete Cordell
    Tech-Know-Ware Ltd
    for XML Schema to C++ data binding visit
    http://www.tech-know-ware.com/lmx/
    http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/
    , May 21, 2007
  5. The Magpie

    Peter Flynn Guest

    The Magpie wrote:
    > I have what is probably a silly - and perhaps even trivial - question
    > about Schema desing for complex types. Can someone point me at the FAQ
    > to see if its already covered in there, please?

    The XML FAQ is at http://xml.silmaril.ie/ but it deals only with XML
    itself; that is, it mentions Schemas and DTDs but it is not a Schema FAQ.

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, May 21, 2007
  6. The Magpie

    The Magpie Guest

    Peter Flynn wrote:
    > The Magpie wrote:
    >> I have what is probably a silly - and perhaps even trivial - question
    >> about Schema desing for complex types. Can someone point me at the FAQ
    >> to see if its already covered in there, please?

    > The XML FAQ is at http://xml.silmaril.ie/ but it deals only with XML
    > itself; that is, it mentions Schemas and DTDs but it is not a Schema FAQ.
    >
    > ///Peter

    Thanks Peter - I'm fine with that then. Someone else pointed me at an
    IBM page that might help. Not so far, though, so I may be back with a
    question.
    The Magpie, May 22, 2007