    (Clover and JCover).

    Thanks.

    Miles.

    milesd, Aug 26, 2003

  2. milesd wrote:
    > Hi, I'm looking security testing requirments for Java code, and would like
    > some recommendations for Java code coverage tools. Are there any open
    > source tools out there ? I have only come across commercial stuff so far
    > (Clover and JCover).
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Miles.

    Well, clover is available with a non-commercial license for open-source
    projects or other non-commercial projects. And if you're using it for a
    company: Well it's not that expensive. Your company should probably buy
    it...

    As far as I know clover is the closest you can get to a free
    code-coverage tool. Might change as open-source programmers see the
    necessity to build a code-coverage tool themselves. But since
    OS-projects get the non-commercial license of clover that's not very
    likely to happen anytime soon, I guess.

    Wolfram Rittmeyer
    http://www.jsptutorial.org

    Wolfram Rittmeyer, Aug 27, 2003

  3. >Well, clover is available with a non-commercial license for open-source
    >projects or other non-commercial projects. And if you're using it for a
    >company: Well it's not that expensive. Your company should probably
    >buy it...

    You could also take a look at Java Coverage Validator

    http://www.softwareverify.com/publicBeta.html

    Commercial: yes. Windows only. Beta testers that provide feedback get
    free licenses.
    --
    Stephen Kellett
    Object Media Limited http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk

    Stephen Kellett, Aug 27, 2003
  4. Jonathan Aquino, Aug 27, 2003
  5. milesd

    Dale King Guest

    "milesd" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm looking security testing requirments for Java code, and would

    like
    > some recommendations for Java code coverage tools. Are there any open
    > source tools out there ? I have only come across commercial stuff so far
    > (Clover and JCover).

    Try going to www.sf.net and do a search for coverage and you will get
    several hits.
    --