Can someone recommend a Java "Code Coverage" tool please

milesd

Hi, I'm looking security testing requirments for Java code, and would like
some recommendations for Java code coverage tools. Are there any open
source tools out there ? I have only come across commercial stuff so far
(Clover and JCover).

Thanks.

Miles.
(e-mail address removed)

Wolfram Rittmeyer

milesd said:
Hi, I'm looking security testing requirments for Java code, and would like
some recommendations for Java code coverage tools. Are there any open
source tools out there ? I have only come across commercial stuff so far
(Clover and JCover).

Thanks.

Miles.
(e-mail address removed)

Well, clover is available with a non-commercial license for open-source
projects or other non-commercial projects. And if you're using it for a
company: Well it's not that expensive. Your company should probably buy
it...

As far as I know clover is the closest you can get to a free
code-coverage tool. Might change as open-source programmers see the
necessity to build a code-coverage tool themselves. But since
OS-projects get the non-commercial license of clover that's not very
likely to happen anytime soon, I guess.

Wolfram Rittmeyer
http://www.jsptutorial.org

Stephen Kellett

Well, clover is available with a non-commercial license for open-source
projects or other non-commercial projects. And if you're using it for a
company: Well it's not that expensive. Your company should probably
buy it...

You could also take a look at Java Coverage Validator

http://www.softwareverify.com/publicBeta.html

Commercial: yes. Windows only. Beta testers that provide feedback get
free licenses.

Dale King

milesd said:
Hi, I'm looking security testing requirments for Java code, and would like
some recommendations for Java code coverage tools. Are there any open
source tools out there ? I have only come across commercial stuff so far
(Clover and JCover).

Try going to www.sf.net and do a search for coverage and you will get
several hits.