    but I already have that set. The page I am trying to access is in the same
    directory my web.config I just post. Can anyone help me out?

    Thanks in advance

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlnYWw=?=, Aug 11, 2005

  2. "localhost" is an alias used by your web server, not by SQL Server. Try
    using your machine name, or the local loopback IP address of the machine
    (127.0.0.1), or the LAN address of the machine instead.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Everybody picks their nose,
    But some people are better at hiding it.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 11, 2005

  3. Thanks for your reply. I changed it to 127.0.0.1 and still same error message

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlnYWw=?=, Aug 11, 2005
  4. Thanks for your reply. I changes the ip to 127.0.0.1 and then the lan ip but
    still the same error message.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlnYWw=?=, Aug 11, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QmlnYWw=?=

    rviray Guest

    Here is a little trick that you can do to verify that the connectio
    string is correct.

    Just drop and drag a SQL Connection object onto a test form, then loo
    at the properties of the SqlConnection object and there will be
    property of Connection String...it puts other bits of info that yo
    really don't need, but you will get the correct syntax an
    spellings....

    Hope this helps...

    --
    rvira
    rviray's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=421

    rviray, Aug 11, 2005
  6. "Bigal" <> wrote in message
    >I just added the SQL connection string to my web.config:

    > <configuration>
    > <system.web>
    > <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    > compilation debug="true"/>
    > </system.web>
    > <appSettings>
    > <add key="ConnectionString"
    > value="server=localhost;database=testdb;uid=sa;password=!@#ddi386;"/>
    > </appSettings>
    > </configuration>
    >
    > Now I am getting a runtime error telling me to turn <customErrors
    > mode="Off"/>
    > but I already have that set. The page I am trying to access is in the same
    > directory my web.config I just post. Can anyone help me out?

    You're missing an "<" on the fourth line. Fourth line in your config should
    read:
    <compilation debug="true"/>

    My guess is that you missed this part as you set customErrors off, the
    server is no longer able to read the config and is still going with the
    previous config.

    --
    IT-RÃ¥dgiver Ulf Kristiansen
    http://www.it-radgiver.no

    Ulf Kristian S. Kristiansen, Aug 11, 2005
  7. Well, you're going to have to give us more information about the error.

    Kevin Spencer, Aug 11, 2005
  8. Figured it out. The OS was 2003 server and I didnt have sql service pack
    installed. That is a requirement for running sql server 2000 on windows 2003

    thanks for everyone time.

    AL

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlnYWw=?=, Aug 12, 2005