Can someone tell me what is wrong with this?

David K. Wall

Big Swifty said:
print $q->checkbox (-name =>$doc_name,-value => "YES", -label =>
$doc_name);

I think the > got added from copy/paste but it seems that it works with
checkbox and space.

Oh, duh. Sorry about that. Bug in *my* test code.

Big Swifty

Gnari:

gnari said:
did you make the program print it or did you just write
what you assumed would be printed?

No, that is output copied and pasted from the html page that was
output....

because see the following snippet:
while (@row = $sth->fetchrow_array ) {
push (@documents,"$row[0] $row[1] $row[2] ");

see you are adding one string only, that happen to contain the 3
values, so the
print
"<PRE><TT><B>|||||$doc_id|||||||$doc_name||||$score||||</B></TT></PRE>"
; above should have printed:
|||||3 learn_oracle3.txt 87 |||||||||||||||

It adds 4 "rows" of 3 "columns" each

gnari

[snip conversation]

probably whe were not discussing the same thing.

it looked to me like you were building an array:
@documents=(
'1a ib 1c',
'2a 2b 2c',
'3a 3b 3c',