Can someone tell me what this is doing

Richard Sloan

I need to implement this in C, but PERL I do not know and have tried to
figure this out without sucess. Can someone take a look at the arabjoin
script and the arabjoin.pdf and give me some insight, or better yet C code
:) for this.

Is there a Perl to C software.... looked for this also and see references to
it, but not the actual program.

http://czyborra.com/arabjoin/

Richard.

Jon Phipps

well according to the header in Arab here is what it does

#This filter takes Arabic text (encoded in UTF-8 using the Unicode
# characters from the U+0600 Arabic block in logical order) as input
# and performs Arabic glyph joining on it and outputs a UTF-8 octet
# stream that is no longer logically arranged but in a visual order
# which gives readable results when formatted with a simple Unicode
# renderer like Yudit that does not handle Arabic differently yet
# but simply outputs all glyphs in left-to-right order.

The script is well commented and fairly self explanitory as far as xlat to C
code... I dont do C
Jon