can someone test my HTML chat room system?

Manchild

Jemdam.com said:
I have just made a new HTML chat system and would like to get some testers
for it. It is free to use. For more details see: http://microchat.jemdam.com

Let me know what you think please.

Thanks,

David

Just because you can does not mean you should .... Gotta be honest -- I
hated it :D

rf

Jemdam.com said:
Oh,

Sorry you didn't like it, does any body else have any comments?

Yes.

Don't top post.

It's odd that here you call it a HTML chat room yet over in alt.php where
you multiposted you call it a PHP chat room system.

So, which is it?

This:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/screenshot/chat.jpg

does not look very good, does it. If this is a realistic example of how it
works then I am not really impressed. And yes, that is me in there with the
zzzzzzzzzs.

Cheers
Richard.

rf

JennyLin said:
"rf" <@invalid.com> wrote in message
[the jendam chat]
Worked for me :)

http://wairoa.net/temp/chitchat.htm

Cept no one answered :)

My point is that I can only see two characters of the reply, after the
"name". Ah, I see you have just replied to my reply to you in *your* chat.
Can't read it at all.

Methinks that the whole thing should be about 600 pixels wide, not 150. My
real point is that the OP's example, at 150 px wide, sucks.

Cheers
Richard.

BigK

Jemdam.com said:
Oh,

Sorry you didn't like it, does any body else have any comments?

Have a look at it here: http://microchat.jemdam.com

Thanks,

I wish you could resize the chat box and not just the box it is in. It is
too tall and narrow.

Second, does it refresh and remove the content from one chat session to
another? I tested it on my hard drive and put one comment in the box and
every time I open it that one comment is still there.

JennyLin

I wish you could resize the chat box and not just the box it is in. It is
too tall and narrow.

Second, does it refresh and remove the content from one chat session to
another? I tested it on my hard drive and put one comment in the box and
every time I open it that one comment is still there.

It appears to hold all messages as with my play copy.
http://wairoa.net/temp/chitchat.htm

Acts more like a message board really.
Good for leaving people messages I guess :)

Jenny

JennyLin

Jemdam.com said:
Oh,

Sorry you didn't like it, does any body else have any comments?

Try validating it and then fix all the errors huh :)

Otherwise as a message board, its ok :)

Jenny