    The page looks OK on the IE, but not the FF and Chrome. Thanks for
    information.

    fulio pen

    Fulio Open, Jun 26, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Fulio Open <>
    writing in news:ffaa4d4d-5864-483e-844b-a4dfa8a50603
    @n19g2000vba.googlegroups.com:

    > Does span including span legitimate? I have a page containing tags as
    > the following:

    > The page looks OK on the IE, but not the FF and Chrome. Thanks for
    > information.
    >
    > fulio pen

    Did you validate it? URL?

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jun 26, 2009

  3. Fulio Open

    Fulio Pen Guest

    On Jun 26, 9:43 am, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Fulio Open <>
    > writing in news:ffaa4d4d-5864-483e-844b-a4dfa8a50603
    > @n19g2000vba.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Does span including span legitimate?  I have a page containing tags as
    > > the following:

    > > The page looks OK on the IE, but not the FF and Chrome. Thanks for
    > > information.

    > > fulio pen

    > Did you validate it?  URL?
    >
    > --
    > Adrienne Boswell at Home
    > Arbpen Web Site Design Serviceshttp://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    I'd better go and validate it first. There are Chinese writing in the
    page. It is hard to understand without knowing the language and
    writing. Open the page. Click the 'PinYin button. In the rectangle,
    the problem is with the last three spelling. Opening with different
    browsers, you will see the displays are not same.

    http://www.pinyinology.com/listing/quote/convert2c.html

    Thanks for your response.

    fulio pen

    Fulio Pen, Jun 26, 2009
  4. Fulio Open wrote:
    > Does span including span legitimate? I have a page containing tags as
    > the following:

    > The page looks OK on the IE, but not the FF and Chrome. Thanks for
    > information.

    Spans can contain spans, yes.

    Harlan Messinger, Jun 26, 2009
  5. Fulio Pen wrote:

    > I'd better go and validate it first.

    Indeed that had been recommendable, to speed things up.

    > There are Chinese writing in the
    > page. It is hard to understand without knowing the language and
    > writing.

    What really makes understanding harder is that you are not telling what the
    problem is (and why you assumed it was related to nested spans).

    > Open the page. Click the 'PinYin button. In the rectangle,
    > the problem is with the last three spelling.

    The last three _what_? The last three syllables? "mao2 ze2 dong1", with the
    numbers as superscripts? What's wrong with that?

    > Opening with different
    > browsers, you will see the displays are not same.

    Different browsers should be expected to be different. What is the problem?
    The text is the same on IE 8 as on FF 3, for example, except for the font.

    > http://www.pinyinology.com/listing/quote/convert2c.html

    There are markup errors, a CSS problem, and a JavaScript problem, but these
    need not have anything to do with the problem.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jun 26, 2009
  6. Fulio Open

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Fulio Open <> wrote:

    > Does span including span legitimate? I have a page containing tags as
    > the following:

    Yes:

    <http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/goingDown.html>

    --