Can styles be binded to a datasource?

dominic

I am building a custom control that renders an HTML table with
accounting info in it. Very similar to a datagrid. I want to give
developers IDE properties for styles, say a RowStyle. Say a developer
wants the RowStyle-BackColor bound to the datasource so that if the row
has a negative value in the Balance column, then the entire BackColor
of the row will be red. I just can't seem to figure out if there is a
way to get this to work. A template solution is a hack because I'll
lose the style properties in the IDE and anything other than style
elements in such a template are meaningless. I'm at a loss. Any help
is appreciated.

Thanks, Dominic.