Can sub folder be a website?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by brett, Jan 3, 2006.

  1. brett

    brett Guest

    On my local machine, I've created an ASP.NET website, which will go
    into a sub folder of a website on a remote web server. I did this on
    my local machine because at some point, this site will have its own
    domain and no longer reside in the web server sub folder.

    Everything runs fine on my local machine but on the remote web server,
    I get this error:

    Configuration Error
    file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
    details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

    allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This
    error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an
    application in IIS.

    Source Error:

    Line 44: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core
    profile services for member sites.
    Line 45: -->
    Line 46: <authentication mode="Windows" />
    Line 47:
    Line 48: <!-- AUTHORIZATION

    Is this something to do with having created a website and stuck it into
    a sub folder of another website? I also created a bin folder in the
    sub and put the sub website's DLL in it. If this is not correct, how
    should I be doing it?

    Thanks,
    Brett

    brett, Jan 3, 2006