    as web request, but the script recieves only the first 2088 characters of
    request. Is it possible to increase this parameter somehow, or to set it
    unlimited? Does the IE limit the request length, or IIS? Thanks.

    Konstantin Mironov, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Konstantin Mironov

    Ray at Guest

    See here http://www.aspfaq.com/2222. Perhaps you should be using the post
    method instead of get anyway. It sounds from your brief description that if
    I entered your url and kept refreshing, each refresh would be a
    purchase-order. Eegs!

    Ray at work

    "Konstantin Mironov" <> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > We have web site on IIS 5.0 for sending purchase-orders to database on MS
    > SQL through ASP and ADO. The purchase-order is being sending to .asp

    script

    Ray at, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Konstantin Mironov

    Phill. W Guest

    "Konstantin Mironov" <> wrote in message
    .. . .
    > as web request, but the script recieves only the first 2088 characters of
    > request. Is it possible to increase this parameter somehow, or to set it
    > unlimited?

    No.

    > Does the IE limit the request length, or IIS?

    IIRC, it's IIS that imposes the limit, which varies depending on the
    version of IIS - on some versions it's as low as 1024(-ish).

    TO get around this, submit your data using the POST method
    instead of GET. This passes the data in Request.Form, which has
    a much bigger capapcity.

    HTH,
    Phill W.

    Phill. W, Aug 1, 2003