Can this be done with Session Beans only ?

Francesco

Hi all,
suppose I have an airline web selling ticket application.

This is the web flow:

-The user chooses destinations & date

-The user chooses seats

-The user confirms to buy

If it's NOT required to persist itineraries until the user confirms to
buy,
can this be done ONLY with Session Beans ?
I think that there aren't cuncurrency problems because even if two
persons will book the same flight, they'll get different sequence Id
(if the sequence is generated by the DataBase).

I think the worst scenario is if two person book the last seat at the
same time, one will get an error.......

What do you say to it ?

Thanks
Francesco

Francesco

sorry, maybe in English my question didn't sound well.
The right question was "Can this be done JUST with Session Bean ?"

"Only with session beans" excludes the possibility to do it with Entity
beans also :)

Francesco ha scritto:

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Francesco said:
suppose I have an airline web selling ticket application.

This is the web flow:

-The user chooses destinations & date

-The user chooses seats

-The user confirms to buy

If it's NOT required to persist itineraries until the user confirms to
buy,
can this be done ONLY with Session Beans ?
I think that there aren't cuncurrency problems because even if two
persons will book the same flight, they'll get different sequence Id
(if the sequence is generated by the DataBase).

I think the worst scenario is if two person book the last seat at the
same time, one will get an error.......

What do you say to it ?

Either transactions or locking/marking scheme (probably
optimistic not pessimistic) in the database should be able to
handle that.

Arne