    the column so a person can compare the total results.

    Thanks in advance
    Andrew S.

    Andrew S., Dec 24, 2003

  2. Andrew S.

    Cameron Guest

    Andrew S. wrote:

    > I'm not sure if this can be done whit HTML but here I go:
    >
    > I would like to create a set of questions let say 10 so someone can compare
    > an item from one company compared to another by clicking on the 1st company
    > with a yes or no, then the 2th company yes or no and then the third yes or
    > no for each of the ten questions.(this I know I can do no problem the next
    > part is what I am unsure of)
    >
    > I would then like the total for each yes and no calculated at the bottom of
    > the column so a person can compare the total results.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Andrew S.

    Nope, for this you need a client side scripting language (Javascript) or
    a server side scripting language (PHP, ASP), if you just want the
    results immediately there then you would need to go for a client side
    language

    ~Cameron

    Cameron, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Andrew S.

    Andrew S. Guest

    Thanks Cameron,

    I wasn't sure if there was something used with a form that could do it or
    not?
    Since I know nothing about PHP or ASP I will have to keep searching.

    Thanks

    Andrew S.

    Andrew S., Dec 24, 2003
  4. Andrew S.

    Hunter Guest

    "Andrew S." <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Cameron,
    >
    > I wasn't sure if there was something used with a form that could do it or
    > not?
    > Since I know nothing about PHP or ASP I will have to keep searching.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Andrew S.

    Hey Cameron - there's not a lot of sense in keeping searching. One of these
    server side languages is the only answer. I'd suggest php if you have no
    other experience. It's very easy to learn and I'm sure you could learn
    enough of php in one day to create your survey. Ask you host if you're
    connecting to a MySql or Postgres database - it's usually one or the other.
    However - you could also do this using a flat file database.

    Start your learning here: http://ca.php.net/tut.php

    david

    --------------------------------------
    Exceptional Gift Basket's Online!
    http://www.cranberrycorners.ca

    Hunter, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Andrew S.

    Cameron Guest

    Hunter wrote:

    <snip>

    > Hey Cameron - there's not a lot of sense in keeping searching. One of these
    > server side languages is the only answer. I'd suggest php if you have no
    > other experience. It's very easy to learn and I'm sure you could learn
    > enough of php in one day to create your survey. Ask you host if you're
    > connecting to a MySql or Postgres database - it's usually one or the other.
    > However - you could also do this using a flat file database.
    >
    > Start your learning here: http://ca.php.net/tut.php
    >
    > david
    >
    > --------------------------------------
    > Exceptional Gift Basket's Online!
    > http://www.cranberrycorners.ca

    Trivial detail, I was replying to "Andrew S" he was the one with the
    question ;)

    ~Cameron

    Cameron, Dec 24, 2003
  6. Andrew S.

    Hunter Guest

    "Cameron" <> wrote in message
    > Hunter wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    > >
    > > Hey Cameron - there's not a lot of sense in keeping searching. One of

    these
    > > server side languages is the only answer. I'd suggest php if you have no
    > > other experience. It's very easy to learn and I'm sure you could learn
    > > enough of php in one day to create your survey. Ask you host if you're
    > > connecting to a MySql or Postgres database - it's usually one or the

    other.
    > > However - you could also do this using a flat file database.
    > >
    > > Start your learning here: http://ca.php.net/tut.php
    > >
    > > david

    > > Exceptional Gift Basket's Online!
    > > http://www.cranberrycorners.ca
    > >

    > Trivial detail, I was replying to "Andrew S" he was the one with the
    > question ;)
    >
    > ~Cameron

    Ha ha - you're right Cameron. I meant to write 'Hey Andrew' ! lol.

    david

    Hunter, Dec 24, 2003