    JTAG TAP controller.And the work is so hard and interesing.Is it
    possible what I do?Are there VHDL code has been implemented JTAG TAP
    controller?

    Bruce Sam, Oct 3, 2004

  2. Hi Bruce,

    I am interesting to know if you have a full description of the SN74ACT8990.

    Since I am working on a USB2.0 JTAG emulator, I would be able to write
    the VHDL code of the SN74ACT8990 very quickly if I know the complet
    description of the SN74ACT8990.

    Regards,
    Laurent
    www.amontec.com

    Laurent Gauch, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Bruce Sam

    Bruce Sam Guest

    Bruce Sam, Oct 4, 2004
  4. Bruce Sam wrote:
    > Hi Laurent,
    > SN74ACT8990 is linked
    > here:http://www-s.ti.com/sc/ds/sn74act8990.pdf.

    There are no way to write VHDL code with the sn74act8990.pdf.
    The sn74act8990.pdf is not a complet description of sn74act8990, but
    only a description of the device interface. All other things you need to
    describe VHDL register level of the sn74act8990 is skipped in the
    sn74act8990.pdf. With sn74act8990.pdf you are using a black-block.

    Larry
    www.amontec.com

    Laurent Gauch, Oct 4, 2004
  5. Bruce Sam

    Bruce Sam Guest

    Sorry Laurent,I haven't a full description of SN74ACT8990.So I
    think my original work is wrong and should be stop.Thanks you apply.

    Bruce Sam, Oct 4, 2004
  6. Bruce Sam

    Wong Guest

    Laurent Gauch <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Bruce Sam wrote:
    > > Hi Laurent,
    > > SN74ACT8990 is linked
    > > here:http://www-s.ti.com/sc/ds/sn74act8990.pdf.
    > >

    > There are no way to write VHDL code with the sn74act8990.pdf.
    > The sn74act8990.pdf is not a complet description of sn74act8990, but
    > only a description of the device interface. All other things you need to
    > describe VHDL register level of the sn74act8990 is skipped in the
    > sn74act8990.pdf. With sn74act8990.pdf you are using a black-block.
    >
    > Larry
    > www.amontec.com

    Does the specification helps ? IEEE1149.1

    Wong, Oct 5, 2004
  7. Wong wrote:

    > Laurent Gauch <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>Bruce Sam wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi Laurent,
    >>>SN74ACT8990 is linked
    >>>here:http://www-s.ti.com/sc/ds/sn74act8990.pdf.
    >>>

    >>There are no way to write VHDL code with the sn74act8990.pdf.
    >>The sn74act8990.pdf is not a complet description of sn74act8990, but
    >>only a description of the device interface. All other things you need to
    >>describe VHDL register level of the sn74act8990 is skipped in the
    >>sn74act8990.pdf. With sn74act8990.pdf you are using a black-block.
    >>
    >>Larry
    >>www.amontec.com

    > Does the specification helps ? IEEE1149.1

    No, it doesn't
    -> because the sn74act8990 is a JTAG controller with internal register,
    shift-register ...

    Laurent Gauch, Oct 5, 2004
  8. Bruce Sam

    Bruce Sam Guest

    Thanks,Laurent.I'm reading IEEE1149.1 now.

    Bruce Sam, Oct 5, 2004
  9. Bruce Sam

    Bruce Sam Guest

    Thanks, Laurent.I'm reading the specification now.

    Bruce Sam, Oct 5, 2004
  10. Bruce Sam

    reneske

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi Laurent Gauch

    Did yuo ever managed to implemented the 74act8990 JTAG TAP controller in VHDL.

    I have this information, can that be used to make it?

    search with google "act8990_users_guide.pdf"

    Best regard
    Rene E
    reneske at gmail dot com

    reneske, Nov 25, 2008