Can VHDL be implemented JTAG TAP controller?

Bruce Sam

I am considering using EPM7128 to implement SN74ACT8990,which is a
JTAG TAP controller.And the work is so hard and interesing.Is it
possible what I do?Are there VHDL code has been implemented JTAG TAP
controller?

Laurent Gauch

Hi Bruce,

I am interesting to know if you have a full description of the SN74ACT8990.

Since I am working on a USB2.0 JTAG emulator, I would be able to write
the VHDL code of the SN74ACT8990 very quickly if I know the complet
description of the SN74ACT8990.

Regards,
Laurent
www.amontec.com

Laurent Gauch

Bruce said:
Hi Laurent,
SN74ACT8990 is linked
here:http://www-s.ti.com/sc/ds/sn74act8990.pdf.
There are no way to write VHDL code with the sn74act8990.pdf.
The sn74act8990.pdf is not a complet description of sn74act8990, but
only a description of the device interface. All other things you need to
describe VHDL register level of the sn74act8990 is skipped in the
sn74act8990.pdf. With sn74act8990.pdf you are using a black-block.

Larry
www.amontec.com

Bruce Sam

Sorry Laurent,I haven't a full description of SN74ACT8990.So I
think my original work is wrong and should be stop.Thanks you apply.

Wong

Laurent Gauch said:
There are no way to write VHDL code with the sn74act8990.pdf.
The sn74act8990.pdf is not a complet description of sn74act8990, but
only a description of the device interface. All other things you need to
describe VHDL register level of the sn74act8990 is skipped in the
sn74act8990.pdf. With sn74act8990.pdf you are using a black-block.

Larry
www.amontec.com

Does the specification helps ? IEEE1149.1

Laurent Gauch

Wong said:
Does the specification helps ? IEEE1149.1

No, it doesn't
-> because the sn74act8990 is a JTAG controller with internal register,
shift-register ...

Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi Laurent Gauch

Did yuo ever managed to implemented the 74act8990 JTAG TAP controller in VHDL.

I have this information, can that be used to make it?

search with google "act8990_users_guide.pdf"

Best regard
Rene E
reneske at gmail dot com