Can Visual Studio 2005 be installed and run in addition to VisualStudio 2003?

Robert Rotstein

I have a "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team System Beta 2" disk, along
with Visual C#, Visual Basic, and Visual Web Developer 2005 disks. Also
VS 2005 Team Foundation Server, SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
Community Technology Preview, and VS 2005 Team Suite. Can I safely
install these without doing anything bad to my current VS 2003 setup?
Or would this be asking for trouble? Can I assume that VS 2005 is 100%
backwards compatible with apps that run on VS 2003?

Scott M.

VS 2005 (and all VS.NET's) are designed to be able to co-exist with previous
versions with no side-effects. This is because the new framework that works
with a particular copy of VS.NET is installed IN ADDITION TO the previous
one, not INSTEAD OF the previous one.

Now, having said that, you should NEVER install Beta software on a
production machine.