    ad Guest

    I found that there is reporting service bundle with SQLSever 2005 express.
    Can VS2005 express can use the reporting service in SQLSever 2005 express?

    ad, Apr 7, 2005

  2. ad

    Scott Allen Guest

    I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I'm pretty sure you won't see
    Reporting Services in sql 2005 express. What you will see are
    reporting controls for VS2005 that you can embed into applications for
    reporting purposes.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Apr 8, 2005

  3. ad

    ad Guest

    Thank, But I can find the reprot server option when I install Sql 2005
    express.

    "Scott Allen" <>
    ???????:...

    ad, Apr 9, 2005
  4. ad

    Scott Allen Guest

    Perhaps it does appear in the CTP / Beta, but the in the pricing
    annoucement they've said the report server will only be in standard
    and enterprise editions of the final product.

    http://www.microsoft.com/sql/spotlight/expandsqlserver.asp

    Scott Allen, Apr 9, 2005
  5. ad

    ad Guest

    In the list, I see there as reproting service in standard version, but
    there are report wizard & reprot controls in Express version.
    What are report wizard and reprot controls?

    "Scott Allen" <>
    ???????:...

    ad, Apr 10, 2005
  6. ad

    Scott Allen Guest

    The report controls we will be able to embed into an application - and
    they will display reports from RDL without needing a Report Server.

    The Report Server has additional features (report subscriptions,
    report snapshots, etc.), but with the controls you'll at least be able
    to create and view stand alone reports - and use them against a SQL
    Express instance.

    Scott Allen, Apr 10, 2005
  7. ad

    ad Guest

    How can I try the report controls ?
    I use VS2005 Express and Sql 2005 Express. I can find these controls in the
    tools box.

    "Scott Allen" <>

    ad, Apr 11, 2005
  8. ad

    Scott Allen Guest

    The controls are not there yet - they are expected to arrive in the
    next round of beta versions .... hopefully :)

    Scott Allen, Apr 11, 2005