    Jayanth
    986-622-2617

    , Aug 2, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > Can any one help me on how to read & write the local machines registry
    > values through scripting language. (vbscript/javscript)?
    >
    > I tried with Wscript.Shell Command & but with this we need to change
    > the client browser setting's of each machine which is not possible in
    > real scenario.

    It sounds you know how to change registry settings on Windows with
    J(ava)Script or VBScript already, and you are even aware that a browser
    is a special host environment putting restrictions on script.
    If you need to change registry settings with script then choose a host
    environment like WSH or HTA where script is allowed to do that, from
    inside IE with normal security settings it is not allowed and there are
    no ways to circumvent that.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Aug 2, 2005

  3. VK Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Can any one help me on how to read & write the local machines registry
    > values through scripting language. (vbscript/javscript)?
    >
    > I tried with Wscript.Shell Command & but with this we need to change
    > the client browser setting's of each machine which is not possible in
    > real scenario.
    >
    > Can we get this functionality other than Wscript?

    You don't need WScript for this (neither JavaScript).

    Simply make the right settings on one machine and export this branch
    into .reg file.
    The rest of your users will have to dowload it from the corporate
    server and right-click / merge

    Actually such thing as remote administration may appear useful, but
    easier you do - better you get :)

    VK, Aug 2, 2005

    Hi

    You can use WshShell.RegRead, WshShell.RegDelete and WshShell.RegWrite

    You can also easilly browse trough the registry using a module called
    Regobj.dll

    var objReg = new ActiveXObject("RegObj.Registry");

    Regobj.dll is also supposed to let you access the registry remotely
    (never used it though)

    You may want to use your script inside an html application (.hta)

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/hta/overview/htaoverview.asp

    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Can any one help me on how to read & write the local machines registry
    > values through scripting language. (vbscript/javscript)?
    >
    > I tried with Wscript.Shell Command & but with this we need to change
    > the client browser setting's of each machine which is not possible in
    > real scenario.
    >
    > Can we get this functionality other than Wscript?
    >

    > Jayanth
    > 986-622-2617

    , Aug 3, 2005