    me know,,since I was doing 'Character recognition' for hindi I dont
    know how to link those fonts to my program..

    --anil

    anil, Nov 27, 2005

  2. anil

    Michael Mair Guest

    anil wrote:
    > If any body knows how to include and use fonts in C program..please let
    > me know,,since I was doing 'Character recognition' for hindi I dont
    > know how to link those fonts to my program..

    Do you really want _fonts_?
    Standard C does not know fonts.
    I am not sure what you mean by "character recognition":
    Do you get input data representing graphical input and
    you want to find out whether the scribbled thing is a
    character or not, and if yes which character (->OCR)?

    Or do you want to know about treatment of character sets
    depending on the locale? Or about wide characters or
    multibyte characters?

    Cheers
    Michael

    Michael Mair, Nov 27, 2005

  3. anil

    Malcolm Guest

    "anil" <> wrote in message
    > If any body knows how to include and use fonts in C program..please let
    > me know,,since I was doing 'Character recognition' for hindi I dont
    > know how to link those fonts to my program..

    ANSI C only knows about the "source" and "execution" character sets. Usually
    these contain only Latin characters.
    However most platforms include libraries for more sophisticated text
    formatting. You will need to ask about them on a newsgroup dedicated to your
    OS, or an Indian general programming group.

    Malcolm, Nov 27, 2005