can we include and use different fonts in C programming

anil

If any body knows how to include and use fonts in C program..please let
me know,,since I was doing 'Character recognition' for hindi I dont
know how to link those fonts to my program..

--anil
(e-mail address removed)

Michael Mair

anil said:
If any body knows how to include and use fonts in C program..please let
me know,,since I was doing 'Character recognition' for hindi I dont
know how to link those fonts to my program..

Do you really want _fonts_?
Standard C does not know fonts.
I am not sure what you mean by "character recognition":
Do you get input data representing graphical input and
you want to find out whether the scribbled thing is a
character or not, and if yes which character (->OCR)?

Or do you want to know about treatment of character sets
depending on the locale? Or about wide characters or
multibyte characters?

Cheers
Michael

Malcolm

anil said:
If any body knows how to include and use fonts in C program..please let
me know,,since I was doing 'Character recognition' for hindi I dont
know how to link those fonts to my program..
ANSI C only knows about the "source" and "execution" character sets. Usually
these contain only Latin characters.
However most platforms include libraries for more sophisticated text
formatting. You will need to ask about them on a newsgroup dedicated to your
OS, or an Indian general programming group.