Can We make Virtual Contructors?

codergem

Hello Freinds
Is it possible to define a Virtual constructor?
if yes then how?
and if no , then how?
thanks

Frederick Gotham

(e-mail address removed) posted:
Is it possible to define a Virtual constructor?

No.

if yes then how?

Non-applicable.

and if no , then how?

How can something NOT be done?

Is this one of those "tree falling in the woods" questions?

Alf P. Steinbach

* (e-mail address removed):
Hello Freinds
Is it possible to define a Virtual constructor?

Use e.g. Google to look up the hundreds of previous threads on that topic.

Short answer: if you mean the idiom "virtual constructor", yes (and see
the FAQ); if you mean can you declare a C++ constructor as "virtual", no
(see your textbook); if you mean can we sensibly extend the language to
allow that, yes, in more than one way (see clc++m discussions of that).
if yes then how?
and if no , then how?

See above.

Duane Hebert

How can something NOT be done?
Is this one of those "tree falling in the woods" questions?

Yep. Sort of like flying by throwing yourself
at the ground and missing.