Can we restore View State after Session Expires?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by rajmgopal, Jun 16, 2006.

  1. rajmgopal

    rajmgopal Guest

    Hi
    As you are all aware, in mobile pages the View State is stored in the
    Session and when the Session expires the View State also expires.

    What I would like to know is whether there is a way to restore the View
    State in some way when this happens.

    For now I am handling the exception in OnViewStateExpire(...) and
    transfering clients to an error page.

    This problem is most prevalent during postbacks. We have access to
    postback data , but not View State data ...

    Any suggestions/comments will be greatly appreciated

    Thank you in advance
    Regards
    Raj
    rajmgopal, Jun 16, 2006

  2. You can turn off storing in the session and relly try to limit the
    data in the viewstate (since you should limit the data in mobile
    pages)
    or make your own PageStatePersister that stores the viewstate and the
    control state wherever you want. maybe an sql server (e.g. what could
    be the best is, store the controlstate in the client and the viewstate
    in the session.)

    cheers,
    christoph

    On 15 Jun 2006 16:37:59 -0700, "rajmgopal" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >As you are all aware, in mobile pages the View State is stored in the
    >Session and when the Session expires the View State also expires.
    >
    >What I would like to know is whether there is a way to restore the View
    >State in some way when this happens.
    >
    >For now I am handling the exception in OnViewStateExpire(...) and
    >transfering clients to an error page.
    >
    >This problem is most prevalent during postbacks. We have access to
    >postback data , but not View State data ...
    >
    >Any suggestions/comments will be greatly appreciated
    >
    >Thank you in advance
    >Regards
    >Raj

    Cheers,