Can We Run Localization Toolkit in Commandline ???

Manish Pansiniya

Hello to all,

we want to update resource online when administrator changes Localization
database. can anybody tell me weather it is possible to run localization
toolkit in command line or as batch process to generate satellite assembly
???

Reply ASAP whatever it is.

Regards
Manish

Alvin Bruney

Natty,
can you make your replies include the original message? if it's not too much
to ask. i find myself lost reading your answers when i don't know what the
question is. this is just for my own development by the way.
thanks

Manish Pansiniya

Hi Natty,

Thanx For Giving me your time.

But i am asking in reference of ASP.NET and Localization Toolkit which is
provided by Microsoft.

Can you have any idea ?

Bye

Natty Gur

are you femilier with this articale :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/
html/entloctoolkit.asp ?

in the Automatic-Populate the Localization Database for an Application
section they write :
"This feature should never be used on production servers; it severely
affects performance because it makes a database call for each property
on a page. To configure this, add the following line to the Web.config
file's appsettings tag:

<add key="AutoPopulate" value="<name application to populate>" />

"

Hi Natty,

Thanx For Giving me your time.

But i am asking in reference of ASP.NET and Localization >Toolkit which is
provided by Microsoft.

Can you have any idea ?

Bye

Hi,

try this resource : http://www.codeproject.com/tools/LocalizeRC.asp

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

Credit Card Payment Control
Supports over 25 companies
Managed ASP.NET Solution
Direct Processor Support

ASP Headlines
ASP Events
FREE Components
ADSI & WSH Books
ASP Web Sites
ASP Articles

SQL Jobs
SQL Headlines
SQL Events
SQL Articles

Jobs in California

XML Tutorials
XML Web Sites
XML Books
XML Articles

Including Shared F
Strange problem us
Design Time Page R
Getting a ID numbe
free asp host

Question about Sub
"Alex Homer"

Edit Profile & Favorites

Our Specials!
UK Domain Names and Web Hosting Merkaweb Dominios

XML Premier Partners
ZVON
XMLPitstop
W3Schools
VisualBuilder.com
TopXML
Tek-Tips Forums
SitePoint
Programmers Heaven
Free Layouts
DevGuru
Code Project
Search us!

Copyright © 2002 Developersdex™. All rights reserved.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

Manish Pansiniya

Hello Natty,

I think you are not clear about my question.
My question is related to this Localization toolkit. Wether i can use this
toolkit application to generate satellite assemblies from command prompt or
from webapplication ?

Thanx and reply as soon as possible
Manish

Natty Gur

Ok,

THE ONLY WAY I FOUND TO DO IT is not so simple...

1) Activate the LocalizationManagement.exe by using
System.Diagnostics.Process class.

2) Use remoting to create instance from GenerateResourceFilesDialog
class.

3) Call GenerateResourceFiles or GenerateSatellites to produce the
files. You can use ildasm to figure out the parameters.