    Is it possible ?? Is there any such component??
    Any advice is of immense value to me
    Thanks in Advance
    savvy, Feb 9, 2006

  2. savvy

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "savvy" <> wrote:

    >Is it possible to Upload all the files in a particular folder at one
    >go. I've seen many articles and info on Google and here and there about
    >how to Upload multiple files one by one upto 2GB, I haven't found no
    >information on net regarding the one I want. I just want to select all
    >(Cntrl+A) the files in a folder and upload all the them into the
    >database in one go.

    The <input type="file"...> HTML element allows the user to select ONE
    file to be uploaded. There's no way in HTML to allow selecting an
    entire directory.

    Of course, if you write your own ActiveX control, and can persuade
    people to run it, you can do whatever you want.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)
    Tim Slattery, Feb 9, 2006

  3. savvy

    savvy Guest

    Thank you very much for helpTim
    So, using HTML controls its not possible then, I'll dig a bit more
    about this ActiveX controls coz the Uploadin process is done in the
    Back End during the website maintainence and we need to Upload around
    100-150 images everytime which is a time consuming process. Ultimately
    it should work for us . Thats our problem
    Thank you very much Tim
    savvy, Feb 9, 2006
  4. "savvy" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you very much for helpTim
    > So, using HTML controls its not possible then, I'll dig a bit more
    > about this ActiveX controls coz the Uploadin process is done in the
    > Back End during the website maintainence and we need to Upload around
    > 100-150 images everytime which is a time consuming process. Ultimately
    > it should work for us . Thats our problem
    > Thank you very much Tim

    Isn't a more appropriate method ftp? You can script ftp.

    --
    John Blessing

    businesses
    for your meeting/class over the web.