can wxpython checkbox use the "fill in" marker instead of the "check"?

jojoba

hello all,

does anyone know if, for a 2-state checkbox, you can use the "fill in"
marker from the 3-state checkbox, instead of a checkmark

i just like the look of the "fill-in" instead of the checkmark

Thanks,
jojoba

jean-michel bain-cornu

Hi,
does anyone know if, for a 2-state checkbox, you can use the "fill in"
marker from the 3-state checkbox, instead of a checkmark

i just like the look of the "fill-in" instead of the checkmark
Use a 3-state and change the state to 2 when you get the 1 state.
Here is a working modification to the demo :
if cb.Is3State():
self.log.write("\t3StateValue: %s\n" % cb.Get3StateValue())
if cb.Get3StateValue() == 1:
cb.Set3StateValue(2)
Regards,
jm

jean-michel bain-cornu

i just like the look of the "fill-in" instead of the checkmark
I'm just realizing it's a good idea !
I'm going to use it. Thanks !

jean-michel bain-cornu

jean-michel bain-cornu a écrit :
I'm just realizing it's a good idea !
I'm going to use it. Thanks !
Actually, there is a problem when one generates an exe application with
py2exe. In that case, the 3rd style checkmark looks 'disabled'... which
is not what we want !
The best solution I can find at the moment is to switch back to the
regular style (it allways happens when you are about to deliver your
stuff...), but if you are still there, you'd better think about of it...
Rgds,
jm