    Anyone have any ideas about how to accomplish this?

    Thanks
    Ruben

    R Baumann, Oct 8, 2004

  2. R Baumann

    Darren Kirby Guest

    quoth the R Baumann:
    > I would like to be able to run Boa Constructor, which does not yet use 2.5,
    > but I would also like to work with Dabo which does.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas about how to accomplish this?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ruben

    I would imagine it depends on your platform. For instance, Gentoo Linux has a
    mechanism called slots that allows multiple versions of the same app to be
    installed.

    -d
    --
    Part of the problem since 1976
    http://badcomputer.no-ip.com

    Darren Kirby, Oct 8, 2004

  3. R Baumann

    David Fraser Guest

    R Baumann wrote:
    > I would like to be able to run Boa Constructor, which does not yet use 2.5,
    > but I would also like to work with Dabo which does.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas about how to accomplish this?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ruben

    Have a look at http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/VersionSelection
    Also I would recommend looking at the wxpython list archives, this has
    been discussed a lot recently.
    If you have specific problems once you've tried the above, then report
    them and maybe you can get specific help

    David

    David Fraser, Oct 8, 2004

  4. > I would like to be able to run Boa Constructor, which does not yet use 2.5,
    > but I would also like to work with Dabo which does.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas about how to accomplish this?

    I have historically just run two different versions of Python and
    wxPython when I needed as much.

    On Windows, you would just install them to different folders.

    On *nix, if you compile it yourself, in the sequence:
    ./configure
    make
    make install

    you can use 'make altinstall' instead of 'make install', or even alter
    the PREFIX variable in the Makefile between 'make' and 'make install'.

    - Josiah

    Josiah Carlson, Oct 8, 2004
  5. R Baumann

    Kevin Altis Guest

    "R Baumann" <ryntatqwest.net> wrote in message
    > I would like to be able to run Boa Constructor, which does not yet use

    2.5,
    > but I would also like to work with Dabo which does.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas about how to accomplish this?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ruben

    Well if you are running Windows there is a very easy way to accomplish that.

    http://altis.pycs.net/2004/08/20.html

    If you are running Linux then you will probably have to wait for the planned
    wxPython versioning scheme. On Mac OS X you shouldn't bother running
    anything earlier than wxPython 2.5.2.7.

    ka

    Kevin Altis, Oct 8, 2004