    Or any other tool(s) I should not miss.

    Thanks.
    , Aug 31, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > I wan to check the well-formness of a very large XML file (a few GB), I
    > want to know if xmlwf can handle this job for me?

    xmlwf should be able to do this because it is based
    on the Expat XML reader (who can do this). It is still
    possible that your version of xmlwf was built on an
    operating system which does not allow handling of
    files larger than (for example) 2 GB.

    Anyway, I checked well-formedness of file large than
    2 GB in this way (based upon Expat):

    http://home.vrweb.de/~juergen.kahrs/gawk/XML/xmlgawk.html#Checking-for-well_002dformedness

    There are many other tools (like the excellent xmllint)
    which can also do this, when built properly.
    Juergen Kahrs, Aug 31, 2006