Can you add <col> control to Table webcontrol or HTMLTable control?

Jiho Han

I would like to add <col> tags right after <table> tags but it seems Table
can't have a literal control as a child.

<Table>
<Col width="50">
<Col>
<Col width="50">
</Table>

that's kind of what I am looking to do. Do I need to derive the Table
control or is there another way? Looks like I can override
CreateControlCollection method...

Thanks in advance.

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi Jiho,

Deriving from Table and overriding RenderContents looks like the best
option...

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET