Can you compile this code for me please?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Dhruv, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Dhruv

    Dhruv Guest

    I was wondering if anyone could compile this code for me on VC.

    The problem that I've run into is that VC++6 does not support templates
    fully, and so, I cannot get this to compile, which relies heavily on
    templates. So, if someone can compile the explicit specialication for me
    with VC++7, and then I could try to use it in VC++6 (probably), if object
    files are interconvertible, as in I can use object files of VC++7 on
    VC++6, then?

    http://www.geocities.com/dhruvbird/nstl0.2.zip
    and I will be #including pool_alloc.hpp in some .cpp file, so I will need
    to explicitly specialize pool_alloc (which is a typedef for
    pool_allocator<nstd::allocator<int> >). So, if someone could send me the
    object file, I'd be really happy :)

    Thnaks in Advance,
    -Dhruv.
    Dhruv, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Dhruv

    Dhruv Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:50:49 +0000, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:

    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:42:31 +0500, "Dhruv" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I was wondering if anyone could compile this code for me on VC.
    >>
    >>The problem that I've run into is that VC++6 does not support templates
    >>fully, and so, I cannot get this to compile, which relies heavily on
    >>templates. So, if someone can compile the explicit specialication for me
    >>with VC++7, and then I could try to use it in VC++6 (probably), if object
    >>files are interconvertible, as in I can use object files of VC++7 on
    >>VC++6, then?
    >>
    >>http://www.geocities.com/dhruvbird/nstl0.2.zip
    >>and I will be #including pool_alloc.hpp in some .cpp file, so I will need
    >>to explicitly specialize pool_alloc (which is a typedef for
    >>pool_allocator<nstd::allocator<int> >). So, if someone could send me the
    >>object file, I'd be really happy :)

    > Try instead to rewrite partial template specialization.
    >
    > For techniques that can be used for that see e.g. the port
    > of Loki to Visual C++.

    Well, I did port it to VC++6, but am not entirly happy with the effort,
    because much of the power of templates is lost here :-(
    VC can't even handle member templates?

    Regards,
    -Dhruv.
    Dhruv, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Dhruv

    Dhruv Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:06:32 +0400, Michael Kochetkov wrote:
    [...]......

    >> VC can't even handle member templates?

    > VC 6.0 really can, partially. You shall put all the member templates code at
    > the point of declaration if I do not mix anything.

    Thanks, I'll try that out too. :)

    > And you might get more help in the VC compiler group of course.

    Yes, but I have least interest in porting some code to a compiler that
    *_claims_* to support templates.
    As a last resort I shall go and visit that place. :)

    Thanks again :)
    -Dhruv.
    Dhruv, Jul 22, 2003