Can you detect when a browser slide bar is moved?

Matt MC

I want to create a routine that detects when the browser scroll/slider
bar is moved, executing a JavaScript() function,.....is this possible
at all?

Richard

I want to create a routine that detects when the browser scroll/slider
bar is moved, executing a JavaScript() function,.....is this possible
at all?

Why is it people always want to try to take 100% control of MY browser?
There are some things that are meant NOT to be touched.
Please leave it alone thank you.
All that will do is force your visitors to leave, quickly.

Disco Octopus

Richard wrote :
Why is it people always want to try to take 100% control of MY browser?
There are some things that are meant NOT to be touched.
Please leave it alone thank you.
All that will do is force your visitors to leave, quickly.

He didnt say he wanted to take control of it. He said that he wanted to
detect it.

Mark Preston

Matt said:
I want to create a routine that detects when the browser scroll/slider
bar is moved, executing a JavaScript() function,.....is this possible
at all?
You may be interested in scrollLeft - no, forget it. I just noticed
someone else has posted that answer with the URL as well, so ignore me.

One thing springs to mind though... *why8 do you want to detect it? You
obviously want to do something and (frankly) I'd rather you didn't. Its
my browser, set up my way at my chosen size doing what I choose to let
it do. Please don't interfere with it.

Fat Sam

Matt said:
I want to create a routine that detects when the browser scroll/slider
bar is moved, executing a JavaScript() function,.....is this possible
at all?
Can a TV company detect when I turn up teh volume on my television set?

Travis Newbury

Fat said:
Can a TV company detect when I turn up teh volume on my television
set?

Actually depending on the system, the capabilities to do so are there.

Matt MC

Yep, actually this is for a <iframe> area with a terms of use
agreement, that I want people to completely read before triggering an
event.

Nico Schuyt

... actually this is for a <iframe> area with a terms of use
agreement, that I want people to completely read before triggering an
event.

Use a form with a submitbutton ("accepted") at the end of the terms of use.
If it's a long text, split the text up in smaller parts. At the bottom of
each part buttons like "Read part 1", "Read part 2", "Part 3" ... Acceptance
only possible when all parts are opened.
Since it seems to be important: use server side scripting instead of JS.

Fred Oz

Matt said:
Yep, actually this is for a <iframe> area with a terms of use
agreement, that I want people to completely read before triggering an
event.

You can't guarantee that they actually read anything. If you
want them to scroll to the bottom, put your accept/decline
buttons at the very bottom of the iFrame.

markstylesx

Google groups seems to have something like the OT requested, that
causes a "Topic:" <div> overlay when the scrollbar is moved past a
certain point. Not sure how they did it though.........