can you get a web services fault from client side?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Robert Mark Bram, Feb 22, 2007.

  1. Hi All,

    I have the following error from my web services client.

    When a client gets a WebServicesFault, is it ever an error generated
    *on* the client, or does the fact that it is a WebServicesFault
    indicate that the message reached the provider and became an error
    there?

    2007-02-20 05:14:06,544 ERROR utportweb01 172.22.13.41
    com.cml.hr.portal.eai.webservices.sap.util.SapPort - Failed on attempt
    [1] at url [http://udeaib01:7080/CMLeJob/EJobGetPosition] with
    exception [java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out; nested
    exception is:
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out].
    WebServicesFault
    faultCode: Server.generalException
    faultString: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
    faultActor: null
    faultDetail:

    java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java(Compiled
    Code))
    at
    java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java(Inlined
    Compiled Code))
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java(Compiled
    Code))
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java(Compiled Code))

    Thanks for any advice.

    Rob
    :)
    Robert Mark Bram, Feb 22, 2007