Can you have the Validation Summary control update without a button click?

Mike

I have a bunch of validators set up to run on the client. They are all
updating as expected on the client side. The summary is only updated when I
click a button. Is it possible to get the Validation Summary to update any
time a validator is updated? (focus changes, etc...)

Thanks,
Mike

Kannan Meiappan

Hi Mike,

Actually when we have many validators and a validationSummary, at the time of page rendering what happens internally is that, the below event is placed in the form tag:

onsubmit="ValidatorOnSubmit();"

if we call this event on blur of textboxes(on lost focus) as you said, then we can able to acheive the desired results.

regards,
Kannan