Can you suggest a reliable free web page host?

Clueless in Seattle

My chronic illness support group is about to lose it's free web page
hosting service (Geocities/Yahoo).

We'd be grateful if you could recommend a reliable free (or
inexpensive) web page hosting service.

Our needs are quite simple: Just a page to serve as a "flyer" telling
about our meetings, email group, and listing our phone number.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

Neredbojias

My chronic illness support group is about to lose it's free web page
hosting service (Geocities/Yahoo).

We'd be grateful if you could recommend a reliable free (or
inexpensive) web page hosting service.

Our needs are quite simple: Just a page to serve as a "flyer"
telling about our meetings, email group, and listing our phone
number.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

If your needs are really that simple, I'm willing to donate the space
on my server. Your page address would be something like
"whatever.neredbojias.org" but no ftp-uploading; you'd have to email
changes in a zip (-which I would install easily within 24 hours.)

-And no ads.

Chaddy2222

My chronic illness support group is about to lose it's free web page
hosting service (Geocities/Yahoo).

We'd be grateful if you could recommend a reliable free (or
inexpensive) web page hosting service.

Our needs are quite simple:  Just a page to serve as a "flyer" telling
about our meetings, email group, and listing our phone number.
Take a look at the free website design and inexpensive website hosting
services that I offer for non profit and community organisations.
http://freewebdesignonline.org/hd.php

David Segall

Clueless in Seattle said:
My chronic illness support group is about to lose it's free web page
hosting service (Geocities/Yahoo).

We'd be grateful if you could recommend a reliable free (or
inexpensive) web page hosting service.

Our needs are quite simple: Just a page to serve as a "flyer" telling
about our meetings, email group, and listing our phone number.

My answer to the question in the subject line is 000webhost
<http://www.000webhost.com/>.

My answer to the question you should have asked is at
<http://cheapweb.profectus.com.au> :) It suggests obtaining a domain
name so that you can change hosts easily. A domain name of your choice
costs as little as ten dollars a year. Your own domain name will also
allow you to easily change the real email address of your contact
person without changing the published email address.

dorayme

David Segall said:
My answer to the question in the subject line is 000webhost
<http://www.000webhost.com/>.

I even went back to using it a bit when Adrienne pointed out that one
could get rid of the js they put on the pages. It took a while to
achieve this, I won't bore you with the details. But I use it not for
crucial commercial or serious company/organization matters. There can be
trouble accessing it if you do not use it regularly.

A few pennies for a modest host avoids the comeback of 'what can you
expect for nothing?' when things go wrong. So beware.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme
I even went back to using it a bit when Adrienne pointed out that one
could get rid of the js they put on the pages. It took a while to
achieve this, I won't bore you with the details. But I use it not for
crucial commercial or serious company/organization matters. There can be
trouble accessing it if you do not use it regularly.

Agreed, I usually use it to preview sites for clients. If they like
what I did, I move the site to a paid host, if not, down it goes.