    http://lingeriedirect.com.au/

    please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to know
    ways to improve it.
    ivan, Mar 23, 2006

  2. In article <4422f788$0$4662$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    01.iinet.net.au>, says...
    > I have made Website that I would like feed back on
    > http://lingeriedirect.com.au/
    >
    > please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to know
    > ways to improve it.

    Either those are some of the weirdest looking girls ever, or you've
    fscked up the graphics. Ah. Yes. You've fscked up the graphics.
    Don't use HTML to resize them - do it properly.

    Apart from that, the site is a bit dull. Have a look at
    http://www.figleaves.com/

    Cracking warning about pop-up blockers. Pointless. Why not fix the
    website to make the problem go away?

    As for improving it - find a graphic designer and/or developer, and give
    them money. You might find one that would do it for food.

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Mar 23, 2006

  3. ivan

    Freebie Guest

    "ivan" <> wrote in message
    >I have made Website that I would like feed back on
    > http://lingeriedirect.com.au/
    >
    > please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to
    > know
    > ways to improve it.

    That background has to go! Try a texture of some sort rather than the
    default blue colour. The mouse-over is cool.

    G.
    Freebie, Mar 23, 2006
  4. ivan

    dorayme Guest

    In article <6lDUf.273223$>,
    "Freebie" <FreeSoft@(TakeThisOut)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

    > "ivan" <> wrote in message
    > >I have made Website that I would like feed back on
    > > http://lingeriedirect.com.au/
    > >
    > > please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to
    > > know
    > > ways to improve it.
    > >

    > That background has to go! Try a texture of some sort rather than the
    > default blue colour. The mouse-over is cool.
    >
    > G.

    What blue bg? I get white, clean and nice. Both in Safari and
    iCab and FF...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 24, 2006
  5. ivan

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Hywel Jenkins <> wrote:

    > In article <4422f788$0$4662$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    > 01.iinet.net.au>, says...
    > > I have made Website that I would like feed back on
    > > http://lingeriedirect.com.au/
    > >
    > > please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to know
    > > ways to improve it.
    > >

    > Either those are some of the weirdest looking girls ever, or you've
    > fscked up the graphics. Ah. Yes. You've fscked up the graphics.
    > Don't use HTML to resize them - do it properly.

    Perhaps it was unintentional. But, if so or not, there is "a
    look" to it that is not so bad in an advertising, avant guardish,
    sort of way... It is hardly "weirdest ever" Mr. "Straight Man"
    Jenkins...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 24, 2006
  6. dorayme wrote:

    > In article <6lDUf.273223$>,
    > "Freebie" <FreeSoft@(TakeThisOut)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
    >> That background has to go! Try a texture of some sort rather than the
    >> default blue colour. The mouse-over is cool.

    > What blue bg? I get white, clean and nice. Both in Safari and
    > iCab and FF...

    That's because white is your browsers' default background color. I see a
    purple background at the site because purple is my default. The OP
    didn't assign any color, so your default choice is displayed.

    Why purple? So I can easily see when the deezigners forget.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 24, 2006
  7. ivan

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <4422f788$0$4662$>,
    "ivan" <> wrote:

    > I have made Website that I would like feed back on
    > http://lingeriedirect.com.au/
    >
    > please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to know
    > ways to improve it.

    I'd say ... er ... put your source through a validator. You will
    see a few errors and things that you need to be conscious of.
    Your site appears quite radically differently in different
    browsers, in Safari, there is no background colour in the left
    links (fine by me), but in iCab there is a dark one to the point
    of illegibility for the link text...

    Just a quick look at the page your "enter" leads to, I am sure I
    saw the wrong doctype (you are using frames and need a different
    one...)

    There are just two many issues about your mark-up to go into...
    about the appearance, it is not too bad. You need a tute. Try
    http://www.htmldog.com/

    I think you should really have some darker background to the
    canvas outside the contents, perhaps making the contents more
    consciously stand apart (perhaps also add a border to the
    content, ie, all the info, pics and text and thumbnails). The
    white bg of the contents is ok. The way it looks now on a big
    screen, it looks sort of lost in space...

    Is this enough advice get me a phone number of one of the girls?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 24, 2006
  8. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    >> In article <6lDUf.273223$>,
    >> "Freebie" <FreeSoft@(TakeThisOut)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
    >>> That background has to go! Try a texture of some sort rather than the
    >>> default blue colour. The mouse-over is cool.

    >> What blue bg? I get white, clean and nice. Both in Safari and
    >> iCab and FF...

    > That's because white is your browsers' default background color. I see a
    > purple background at the site because purple is my default. The OP
    > didn't assign any color, so your default choice is displayed.
    >
    > Why purple? So I can easily see when the deezigners forget.

    That borders on entrapment, doesn't it? ;)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 24, 2006
  9. In article
    <4422f788$0$4662$>,
    "ivan" <> wrote:

    > I have made Website that I would like feed back on
    > http://lingeriedirect.com.au/
    >
    > please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to know
    > ways to improve it.

    Here's what it looks like in Lynx.

    LINGERIE DIRECT - LINGERIEDIRECT.COM.AU - Index (p1 of
    3)

    style 3696

    style 3965

    style 6910

    style D1950

    style 4156 - see me in Baby-Doll pg-3

    Lingerie Direct

    style 3965

    style 7691

    style 7925

    style 4250

    style 4196

    style 3696

    [enter-buton-glow.png]

    This is what search engines see. Are you comfortable with this?

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
    Leonard Blaisdell, Mar 24, 2006
  10. ivan

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    > > I see a
    > > purple background at the site because purple is my default. The OP
    > > didn't assign any color, so your default choice is displayed.
    > >
    > > Why purple? So I can easily see when the deezigners forget.

    > That borders on entrapment, doesn't it? ;)

    Hey! That is what I was thinking...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 24, 2006
  11. ivan

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <-sjc.supernews.net>,
    Leonard Blaisdell <> wrote:

    > In article
    > <4422f788$0$4662$>,
    > "ivan" <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have made Website that I would like feed back on
    > > http://lingeriedirect.com.au/
    > >
    > > please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to know
    > > ways to improve it.

    > Here's what it looks like in Lynx.
    >
    > LINGERIE DIRECT - LINGERIEDIRECT.COM.AU - Index (p1 of
    > 3)
    >

    > style 3696
    >
    > style 3965
    >
    > style 6910
    >
    > style D1950
    >
    > style 4156 - see me in Baby-Doll pg-3

    Leo! A brilliancy! All those husbands out there lovingly looking
    for lovely lingerie for their wives - on a lynx browser (possibly
    foolishly insisted upon by their wives) - will be unable to make
    informed purchases.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 24, 2006
  12. In article
    <>,
    dorayme <> wrote:

    > Leo! A brilliancy! All those husbands out there lovingly looking
    > for lovely lingerie for their wives - on a lynx browser (possibly
    > foolishly insisted upon by their wives) - will be unable to make
    > informed purchases.

    You hit the nail on the head. My wife insists that I view provocative
    websites with Lynx. What can I do?
    Sweetie is wearing a 3978907703 right now, and I don't have to tell you
    how *hot* that is!

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
    Leonard Blaisdell, Mar 24, 2006
  13. ivan

    Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Hywel Jenkins <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <4422f788$0$4662$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    > > 01.iinet.net.au>, says...
    > > > I have made Website that I would like feed back on
    > > > http://lingeriedirect.com.au/
    > > >
    > > > please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to know
    > > > ways to improve it.
    > > >

    > > Either those are some of the weirdest looking girls ever, or you've
    > > fscked up the graphics. Ah. Yes. You've fscked up the graphics.
    > > Don't use HTML to resize them - do it properly.
    > >

    > Perhaps it was unintentional. But, if so or not, there is "a
    > look" to it that is not so bad in an advertising, avant guardish,
    > sort of way... It is hardly "weirdest ever" Mr. "Straight Man"
    > Jenkins...

    There's a look to everything. This site has a bad look that's not even
    remotely avant garde. It's another amateur site that could have been
    knocked together by any 12 year old with MS Word. It neither novel nor
    experimental. It lacks polish and professionalism, yet it will
    represent someone's business. A bad web site is worse than no web
    site.

    --
    Hywel
    , Mar 24, 2006
  14. ivan

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <-sjc.supernews.net>,
    Leonard Blaisdell <> wrote:

    > In article
    > <>,
    > dorayme <> wrote:
    >
    > > Leo! A brilliancy! All those husbands out there lovingly looking
    > > for lovely lingerie for their wives - on a lynx browser (possibly
    > > foolishly insisted upon by their wives) - will be unable to make
    > > informed purchases.

    > You hit the nail on the head. My wife insists that I view provocative
    > websites with Lynx. What can I do?
    > Sweetie is wearing a 3978907703 right now, and I don't have to tell you
    > how *hot* that is!
    >
    > leo

    No, you don't have to tell me. 3978907703 happens to be quite a
    hit with me too.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 25, 2006
  15. ivan

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > Hywel Jenkins <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > In article <4422f788$0$4662$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    > > > 01.iinet.net.au>, says...

    > > > Either those are some of the weirdest looking girls ever, or you've
    > > > fscked up the graphics. Ah. Yes. You've fscked up the graphics.
    > > > Don't use HTML to resize them - do it properly.
    > > >

    > > Perhaps it was unintentional. But, if so or not, there is "a
    > > look" to it that is not so bad in an advertising, avant guardish,
    > > sort of way... It is hardly "weirdest ever" Mr. "Straight Man"
    > > Jenkins...

    > There's a look to everything.

    Sign to me you have misunderstood me...

    >This site has a bad look that's not even
    > remotely avant garde. It's another amateur site that could have been
    > knocked together by any 12 year old with MS Word. It neither novel nor
    > experimental. It lacks polish and professionalism, yet it will
    > represent someone's business. A bad web site is worse than no web
    > site.

    I was talking only of the pics, the models looking thinner and
    slightly distorted under the mark-up that you correctly
    pin-pointed (I did not actually check, I just thought you were
    surely right...). I have no wish to defend the site's look as a
    whole. I enjoyed the distortions though.

    You perhaps are not sure what I am talking about? At the
    beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
    Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
    ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
    proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
    deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
    are many examples of this in movies and other media.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 25, 2006
  16. ivan

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > In article
    > <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    > > dorayme wrote:

    > > > Perhaps it was unintentional. But, if so or not, there is "a
    > > > look" to it that is not so bad in an advertising, avant guardish,
    > > > sort of way... It is hardly "weirdest ever" Mr. "Straight Man"
    > > > Jenkins...

    > > There's a look to everything.

    > Sign to me you have misunderstood me...
    >
    > >This site has a bad look that's not even
    > > remotely avant garde. It's another amateur site that could have been
    > > knocked together by any 12 year old with MS Word. It neither novel nor
    > > experimental. It lacks polish and professionalism, yet it will
    > > represent someone's business. A bad web site is worse than no web
    > > site.

    > I was talking only of the pics, the models looking thinner and
    > slightly distorted under the mark-up that you correctly
    > pin-pointed (I did not actually check, I just thought you were
    > surely right...). I have no wish to defend the site's look as a
    > whole. I enjoyed the distortions though.
    >
    > You perhaps are not sure what I am talking about? At the
    > beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
    > Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
    > ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
    > proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
    > deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
    > are many examples of this in movies and other media.

    Uh, that is a horizontal compression of Cinemascope in preparation for
    the format used for the ends titles.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Mar 25, 2006
  17. ivan

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > In article
    > <-sjc.supernews.net>,
    > Leonard Blaisdell <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article
    > > <>,
    > > dorayme <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Leo! A brilliancy! All those husbands out there lovingly looking
    > > > for lovely lingerie for their wives - on a lynx browser (possibly
    > > > foolishly insisted upon by their wives) - will be unable to make
    > > > informed purchases.

    > > You hit the nail on the head. My wife insists that I view provocative
    > > websites with Lynx. What can I do?
    > > Sweetie is wearing a 3978907703 right now, and I don't have to tell you
    > > how *hot* that is!
    > >
    > > leo

    > No, you don't have to tell me. 3978907703 happens to be quite a
    > hit with me too.

    A number that big doesn't even fit on the lingerie I prefer.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Mar 25, 2006
  18. ivan

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > > You perhaps are not sure what I am talking about? At the
    > > beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
    > > Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
    > > ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
    > > proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
    > > deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
    > > are many examples of this in movies and other media.

    > Uh, that is a horizontal compression of Cinemascope in preparation for
    > the format used for the ends titles.

    The films that do this, beginning and end (and perhaps elsewhere,
    I forget) are produced deliberately with this. It is a point
    where art and technology converge into a happy sublime marriage.
    The elongation even added to the immensely romantic nature of
    this film.

    We need to compare notes, Boji, on a more pressing matter: how we
    are respectively faring in BdeZ's kf? I am bearing up but am a
    little stressed by the screams that are still emanating from the
    lower chambers where you are. Are you ok? Try stretching
    exercises, get a mirror, check the look.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 25, 2006
  19. ivan

    Jose Guest

    > At the
    > beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
    > Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
    > ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
    > proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
    > deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
    > are many examples of this in movies and other media.

    Are you watching them in their original format, or on TV? On TV, they
    lose the cropping and simply don't decinemascope it, so that all the
    words of the credits can be seen. During the film, it's pan and scan.

    So, if you are seeing this on TV, it is not a choice the director made.

    Jose
    --
    Nothing takes longer than a shortcut.
    Jose, Mar 25, 2006
  20. ivan

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Qh2Vf.21686$>,
    Jose <> wrote:

    > > At the
    > > beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
    > > Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
    > > ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
    > > proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
    > > deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
    > > are many examples of this in movies and other media.

    > Are you watching them in their original format, or on TV? On TV, they
    > lose the cropping and simply don't decinemascope it, so that all the
    > words of the credits can be seen. During the film, it's pan and scan.
    >
    > So, if you are seeing this on TV, it is not a choice the director made.

    Yes, I must confess, the last 5 times I saw this film, it was on
    DVD on a TV. But I am sure I have seen this sort of thing at the
    movies on big screens too. Maybe with different films....

    Better look into this business and get back to you all.

    In the meantime, if you can trust me, I have a theory about art
    that says that the intentions of the artist is not so
    important... But if I begin to explain this, Mr. Flavell will
    only roll his eyes and the chamber that holds me in BdeZ's
    killfile will tighten further (I am a claustraphobic and it is
    dangerous for me).

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 25, 2006