Can you test my website?

Hywel Jenkins

I have made Website that I would like feed back on
http://lingeriedirect.com.au/

please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to know
ways to improve it.
Either those are some of the weirdest looking girls ever, or you've
fscked up the graphics. Ah. Yes. You've fscked up the graphics.
Don't use HTML to resize them - do it properly.

Apart from that, the site is a bit dull. Have a look at
http://www.figleaves.com/

Cracking warning about pop-up blockers. Pointless. Why not fix the
website to make the problem go away?

As for improving it - find a graphic designer and/or developer, and give
them money. You might find one that would do it for food.

Freebie

ivan said:
I have made Website that I would like feed back on
http://lingeriedirect.com.au/

please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to
know
ways to improve it.

That background has to go! Try a texture of some sort rather than the
default blue colour. The mouse-over is cool.

G.

dorayme

Freebie said:
That background has to go! Try a texture of some sort rather than the
default blue colour. The mouse-over is cool.

G.

What blue bg? I get white, clean and nice. Both in Safari and
iCab and FF...

dorayme

Hywel Jenkins said:
Either those are some of the weirdest looking girls ever, or you've
fscked up the graphics. Ah. Yes. You've fscked up the graphics.
Don't use HTML to resize them - do it properly.

Perhaps it was unintentional. But, if so or not, there is "a
look" to it that is not so bad in an advertising, avant guardish,
sort of way... It is hardly "weirdest ever" Mr. "Straight Man"
Jenkins...

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

dorayme said:
What blue bg? I get white, clean and nice. Both in Safari and
iCab and FF...

That's because white is your browsers' default background color. I see a
purple background at the site because purple is my default. The OP
didn't assign any color, so your default choice is displayed.

Why purple? So I can easily see when the deezigners forget.

dorayme

ivan said:
I have made Website that I would like feed back on
http://lingeriedirect.com.au/

please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to know
ways to improve it.

I'd say ... er ... put your source through a validator. You will
see a few errors and things that you need to be conscious of.
Your site appears quite radically differently in different
browsers, in Safari, there is no background colour in the left
links (fine by me), but in iCab there is a dark one to the point
of illegibility for the link text...

Just a quick look at the page your "enter" leads to, I am sure I
saw the wrong doctype (you are using frames and need a different
one...)

There are just two many issues about your mark-up to go into...
about the appearance, it is not too bad. You need a tute. Try
http://www.htmldog.com/

I think you should really have some darker background to the
canvas outside the contents, perhaps making the contents more
consciously stand apart (perhaps also add a border to the
content, ie, all the info, pics and text and thumbnails). The
white bg of the contents is ok. The way it looks now on a big
screen, it looks sort of lost in space...

Is this enough advice get me a phone number of one of the girls?

Blinky the Shark

Beauregard said:
That's because white is your browsers' default background color. I see a
purple background at the site because purple is my default. The OP
didn't assign any color, so your default choice is displayed.

Why purple? So I can easily see when the deezigners forget.

That borders on entrapment, doesn't it? ;)

Leonard Blaisdell

ivan said:
I have made Website that I would like feed back on
http://lingeriedirect.com.au/

please give me feedback as this is my first website.. I would like to know
ways to improve it.

Here's what it looks like in Lynx.

LINGERIE DIRECT - LINGERIEDIRECT.COM.AU - Index (p1 of
3)

style 3696

style 3965

style 6910

style D1950

style 4156 - see me in Baby-Doll pg-3

Lingerie Direct

style 3965

style 7691

style 7925

style 4250

style 4196

style 3696

[enter-buton-glow.png]

This is what search engines see. Are you comfortable with this?

leo

dorayme

Leonard Blaisdell said:
Here's what it looks like in Lynx.

LINGERIE DIRECT - LINGERIEDIRECT.COM.AU - Index (p1 of
3)

style 3696

style 3965

style 6910

style D1950

style 4156 - see me in Baby-Doll pg-3

Leo! A brilliancy! All those husbands out there lovingly looking
for lovely lingerie for their wives - on a lynx browser (possibly
foolishly insisted upon by their wives) - will be unable to make
informed purchases.

Leonard Blaisdell

dorayme said:
Leo! A brilliancy! All those husbands out there lovingly looking
for lovely lingerie for their wives - on a lynx browser (possibly
foolishly insisted upon by their wives) - will be unable to make
informed purchases.

You hit the nail on the head. My wife insists that I view provocative
websites with Lynx. What can I do?
Sweetie is wearing a 3978907703 right now, and I don't have to tell you
how *hot* that is!

leo

hywel.jenkins

dorayme said:
Perhaps it was unintentional. But, if so or not, there is "a
look" to it that is not so bad in an advertising, avant guardish,
sort of way... It is hardly "weirdest ever" Mr. "Straight Man"
Jenkins...

There's a look to everything. This site has a bad look that's not even
remotely avant garde. It's another amateur site that could have been
knocked together by any 12 year old with MS Word. It neither novel nor
experimental. It lacks polish and professionalism, yet it will
represent someone's business. A bad web site is worse than no web
site.

dorayme

Leonard Blaisdell said:
You hit the nail on the head. My wife insists that I view provocative
websites with Lynx. What can I do?
Sweetie is wearing a 3978907703 right now, and I don't have to tell you
how *hot* that is!

leo

No, you don't have to tell me. 3978907703 happens to be quite a
hit with me too.

dorayme

There's a look to everything.

Sign to me you have misunderstood me...
This site has a bad look that's not even
remotely avant garde. It's another amateur site that could have been
knocked together by any 12 year old with MS Word. It neither novel nor
experimental. It lacks polish and professionalism, yet it will
represent someone's business. A bad web site is worse than no web
site.

I was talking only of the pics, the models looking thinner and
slightly distorted under the mark-up that you correctly
pin-pointed (I did not actually check, I just thought you were
surely right...). I have no wish to defend the site's look as a
whole. I enjoyed the distortions though.

You perhaps are not sure what I am talking about? At the
beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
are many examples of this in movies and other media.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
Sign to me you have misunderstood me...

I was talking only of the pics, the models looking thinner and
slightly distorted under the mark-up that you correctly
pin-pointed (I did not actually check, I just thought you were
surely right...). I have no wish to defend the site's look as a
whole. I enjoyed the distortions though.

You perhaps are not sure what I am talking about? At the
beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
are many examples of this in movies and other media.

Uh, that is a horizontal compression of Cinemascope in preparation for
the format used for the ends titles.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
No, you don't have to tell me. 3978907703 happens to be quite a
hit with me too.

A number that big doesn't even fit on the lingerie I prefer.

dorayme

You perhaps are not sure what I am talking about? At the
beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
are many examples of this in movies and other media.

Uh, that is a horizontal compression of Cinemascope in preparation for
the format used for the ends titles.[/QUOTE]

The films that do this, beginning and end (and perhaps elsewhere,
I forget) are produced deliberately with this. It is a point
where art and technology converge into a happy sublime marriage.
The elongation even added to the immensely romantic nature of
this film.

We need to compare notes, Boji, on a more pressing matter: how we
are respectively faring in BdeZ's kf? I am bearing up but am a
little stressed by the screams that are still emanating from the
lower chambers where you are. Are you ok? Try stretching
exercises, get a mirror, check the look.

Jose

At the
beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
are many examples of this in movies and other media.

Are you watching them in their original format, or on TV? On TV, they
lose the cropping and simply don't decinemascope it, so that all the
words of the credits can be seen. During the film, it's pan and scan.

So, if you are seeing this on TV, it is not a choice the director made.

Jose

dorayme

At the
beginning and more often at the end of movies (eg. The Big
Country as Gregory Peck, Jean Simmons and the character Ramón
ride off into the distance away from the canyon, they lose the
proper realistic proportions and go tall and thin... this is a
deliberate look and immensely satisfying and interesting. There
are many examples of this in movies and other media.

Are you watching them in their original format, or on TV? On TV, they
lose the cropping and simply don't decinemascope it, so that all the
words of the credits can be seen. During the film, it's pan and scan.

So, if you are seeing this on TV, it is not a choice the director made.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I must confess, the last 5 times I saw this film, it was on
DVD on a TV. But I am sure I have seen this sort of thing at the
movies on big screens too. Maybe with different films....

Better look into this business and get back to you all.

In the meantime, if you can trust me, I have a theory about art
that says that the intentions of the artist is not so
important... But if I begin to explain this, Mr. Flavell will
only roll his eyes and the chamber that holds me in BdeZ's
killfile will tighten further (I am a claustraphobic and it is
dangerous for me).