    I'd like to have access tothe admin directory handled via authentication.
    Can I set forms authentication so that it only applies to that subdirectory?

    -Darrel

    Darrel, Oct 23, 2004

  2. Darrel

    Karl Guest

    Yes. You can set up forms authenrication and in the authorization section
    <allow users="*" /> meaning all users will have access

    You can then use the
    <location path="admin">
    <system.web>
    <authentication>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authentication>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    Read more on this at:
    http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2003/01/06/formsauthp1.html
    http://www.theserverside.net/articles/showarticle.tss?id=FormAuthentication

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl, Oct 23, 2004

  3. Darrel

    Darrel Guest

    "Karl" <karl REMOVE @ REMOVE openmymind REMOVEMETOO . ANDME net> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Yes. You can set up forms authenrication and in the authorization section
    > <allow users="*" /> meaning all users will have access

    Once again, Karl, thank you very much! This is a nice feature.

    -Darrel

    Darrel, Oct 23, 2004