Can Your Programming Language Do This? Joel on functional programming and briefly on anonymous func

Jarek Zgoda

Casey Hawthorne napisa³(a):
Can Your Programming Language Do This?

Joel on functional programming and briefly on anonymous functions!

Ridiculos. That's how single-programming-mood people react when they
find that you can program in procedural or functional way and get your
work done. I always had a fun seeing these "all-java-kids" fighting
CRTJVAPGM or RUNJVAPGM on OS/400. ;)

Alex Martelli

Jarek Zgoda said:
Casey Hawthorne napisa?(a):

Ridiculos. That's how single-programming-mood people react when they
find that you can program in procedural or functional way and get your
work done. I always had a fun seeing these "all-java-kids" fighting
CRTJVAPGM or RUNJVAPGM on OS/400. ;)

Uh?-( Are you calling *Joel* an "all-java kid"?! He's an old clunker,
just like me!, and HIS background is primarily in C and some kind of
LISP -- he makes that quite clear in some of his books.

Alex

Jarek Zgoda

Alex Martelli napisa³(a):
Uh?-( Are you calling *Joel* an "all-java kid"?! He's an old clunker,
just like me!, and HIS background is primarily in C and some kind of
LISP -- he makes that quite clear in some of his books.

I am sure he wouldn't have a hard time on OS/400. I think he shows a bit
of exaggeration in this article, as he is too smart to believe that the
world is all object-oriented, but this is writer's right to grab readers
attention.

This "all-java-kids" was a remark to his statement from some earlier
article (mentioned also in this one), where he writes on people being
taught only java on programming courses.