Cancel out CSS

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Smitro, Oct 5, 2005.

  1. Smitro

    Smitro Guest

    Hi,

    I'm in the middle of writing CMS. One part of the
    CMS allows users to create there own pages with my
    header and my footer.

    As a part of the CSS I have a line that changes
    the look of all links. eg. removed underline,
    changed colours etc. (a {} a:hover{} etc)

    Is it possible for me to make and exception to
    this? For example, everything within a <div> to be
    able to be changed to what the user that created
    the page wants?

    All users are editing via a built in form that has
    a WYSIWYG editor in it. The Editor converts to
    plain html.

    Any ideas?

    Smitro, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Smitro <0m> in news:434388a3$0$491$61c65585@uq-127creek-
    reader-03.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm in the middle of writing CMS. One part of the
    > CMS allows users to create there own pages with my
    > header and my footer.
    >
    > As a part of the CSS I have a line that changes
    > the look of all links. eg. removed underline,
    > changed colours etc. (a {} a:hover{} etc)
    >
    > Is it possible for me to make an exception to
    > this? For example, everything within a <div> to be
    > able to be changed to what the user that created
    > the page wants?

    someone else probably has the answer. your idea reminds me of some stylesheet-
    related bookmarklets (which are javascript)

    is this following paragraph part of the same goal?

    > All users are editing via a built in form that has
    > a WYSIWYG editor in it. The Editor converts to
    > plain html.

    so the in-page editor makes the style changes to itself, then produces a plain text page
    of something else? :)

    Quasimido CSS, Oct 6, 2005

  3. Smitro

    Smitro Guest

    Quasimido CSS wrote:
    > Smitro <0m> in news:434388a3$0$491$61c65585@uq-127creek-
    > reader-03.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I'm in the middle of writing CMS. One part of the
    >>CMS allows users to create there own pages with my
    >>header and my footer.
    >>
    >>As a part of the CSS I have a line that changes
    >>the look of all links. eg. removed underline,
    >>changed colours etc. (a {} a:hover{} etc)
    >>
    >>Is it possible for me to make an exception to
    >>this? For example, everything within a <div> to be
    >>able to be changed to what the user that created
    >>the page wants?

    > someone else probably has the answer. your idea reminds me of some stylesheet-
    > related bookmarklets (which are javascript)
    >

    > is this following paragraph part of the same goal?
    >

    >>All users are editing via a built in form that has
    >>a WYSIWYG editor in it. The Editor converts to
    >>plain html.

    > so the in-page editor makes the style changes to itself, then produces a plain text page
    > of something else? :)
    >

    >>Any ideas?

    The Editor creates a HTML page that is then stored
    in a database and through PHP inserted between a
    header and a footer on the final page. This allows
    the user to create there own page that is apart of
    our intranet.

    Unfortuatly, because of my CSS I have converted
    all links to black with no underline, and it
    underlines when they hover. What I'm wondering is,
    for these particular pages, can I cancel this out
    and allow them to make their links any shape or
    size they want. But I don't want to take the
    default, because of other pages I have built.

    Can this be done?

    Smitro, Oct 8, 2005