Canceling Subsequent events from page_load

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DazedAndConfused, Sep 22, 2005.

  1. How can I prevent subsequent events from firing when I have an error in the
    page_load event?

    DazedAndConfused, Sep 22, 2005

  2. DazedAndConfused

    Brock Allen Guest

    Can you elaborate? What do you want to happen? WHat should be rendered to
    the client?

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Sep 22, 2005

  3. This is when there is a postback. a command button is clicked, the page_load
    event catches an error and produces an error message and sets the
    errorlabel.visible to true and then exits the sub. At that point I want to
    render the page. But right now it continues on to the command button
    handler.

    DazedAndConfused, Sep 22, 2005
  4. DazedAndConfused

    Brock Allen Guest

    You can keep a boolean field in your page that is set in the Load event and
    then checked in the Button command event. The other idea might to simply
    check the error Label's Visible bit (instead of kepping a seperate boolean
    on the page).

    Brock Allen, Sep 23, 2005
  5. Thank you

    DazedAndConfused, Sep 23, 2005